Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

AYU Gorillas & Masai Mara Departing Friday 15th October 2010 from London Heathrow

Anonymous
Thu, 07/01/2010 - 22:37

Hello

It would be great to hear from fellow travellers on this particular trip.  I'm travelling solo and really looking forward to meeting the rest of the group.

October will soon be here.

Regards

Andrew

Anonymous
Fri, 07/16/2010 - 13:58

Hello Andrew

I'm booked on this trip too, and very much looking forward to meeting everybody.

Best

Jo

Anonymous
Fri, 07/16/2010 - 20:22

Hello Jo.

Nice to hear from a fellow traveller.  Are you joining the Nairobi to Kigali itinerary? I believe the other is departing on the same day but with a reverse itinerary (Kigali to Narobi).

Have you travelled with Exodus before?

I'm looking into antimalaria tablets.  Anyone have any advice?  I have heard of Malarone which is supposed to be the best. 

Still got sleeping bag etc to buy yet.  Still got a bit of time.

Take care 

Andrew

Anonymous
Sat, 07/17/2010 - 08:31

Hi Andrew

Ah.  No, I'm on the Kigali to Nairobi trip.  That's a shame.  But I hope you have a great trip!

Yes, I have travelled with Exodus before.  I went on their South African Walking Safari last Christmas, and was most impressed.

Generally speaking Malarone is considered to be the best, largely because it has few if any side effects.  Last time I used them I took them with my evening meal, so if there were any side effects I slept through them!  Everybody in our group was using them, and nobody else had problems either.  Probably best to ask your GP for advice though, as not all medications are suitable for everybody.

Best

Jo

Anonymous
Sat, 07/17/2010 - 10:20

That's a shame Jo.  Yes you have a good trip too.  Who knows we may end up passing each other as we me make our way across the three countries.  This will be my second trip with Exodus.  I went to Northern India with them last year.

I'll check with GP re the malarone etc.

Thanks

Andrew

Anonymous
Mon, 08/23/2010 - 20:11

Gill  Hello Andrew,  My friend Ronnie and I are booked on the same trip as you and are really looking forward to it.  I think the trip is now full so it would be good to hear who else will be travelling with us.

Anonymous
Wed, 08/25/2010 - 19:41

Hello Gill and Ronnie!  Finally, someone else who is going on this cool trip has posted on here.  It's good to get to know fellow travellers prior to actually meeting.  You travelling from Heathrow?  

Have you prepared everything yet?  I know it's early but it will soon be October.  I have yet to have my jabs and buy my malerone tablets.  Have you got yours yet?  Any recommendations?  I still have my sleeping bag to get etc. Deciding onwha lens for my camera I will reuire etc.

Exodus, or Paul Goldstein for this trip what zoom lens is required?  200m? 400m?  I would appreciate if a member of Exodus  could answer this queston for me.  Thanks in advance.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Andrew

Anonymous
Sat, 08/28/2010 - 22:52

Hi Gill

What a coincidence! I was in India last year too on the AIC trip in October.  Great, I will buy a 3 season sleeping bag.  Blanket would be good too.  Just not sure how cold it gets but I have been told it can be cold at night. Best to be prepared.  I have opted for 28-300mm range so I won't have to carry other lenses.  I have been told that I need to have the yellow fever vaccination.  Have you had this jab?  I also intend to take malerone anti-malarial tablets.  The vaccinations etc are going to costs a small fortune themselves but best to be safe.   Are you booked on the balloon safari too?

Cool I will see you both at Heathrow.  You'll have to tell me what you look like or post a picture then I can spot you.  I have to travel by train to Heathrow as  I live up north.

Best to re-read the trip notes to see what I require.

In relation to Visas, I will be paying for them once out there as recommended by people that have been on this trip before.

Andrew

Anonymous
Mon, 08/30/2010 - 20:06

Hi Andrew We were in India in February last year.  Fab trip !!!  I`ve already had the Yellow Fever jab and it lasts for 10 years so I`m covered.  The lens sounds great.  A bigger zoom would be great but they are so heavy and all the other people with SLR cameras in India had the 300mm lens and we found them to be fine.   Ronnie and I will probably drive to Heathrow and park the car.  We live in Suffolk and North Essex.  Will try and put a picture on the website of me.  Ronnie and I are probably in the older age group on the trip but everyone always seems to gel so generally not a problem.  We don`t know about the balloon flight as it is expensive so may well not decide until we are there but will probably go.  I see there are 3 places again on the trip so not quite full.  It`s always fun to see who else will be going.  Have you been watching the Mountain Gorillas on BBC 1.   Great programme but can`t wait to look into their eyes.

Gill

Anonymous
Mon, 08/30/2010 - 21:05

Hi Gill

Yes, I agree India is a brilliant country with so much to offer the keenest of travellers.  Did you go with Exodus too?  Who was your group leader?  I had the bext first experience with Exodus.  I will return to India but the South next time.  I'm sure the lens will be fine.  I have heard that a lot of the time we get  quite close to the animals.  

I'm sure everyone will get on with each other regardless of age etc.  I get on with everyone! I'm sure you'll both be tempted by the balloon safari once you're out there!  I thought to myself I'm in the Masai Mara, and I won't be there everyday so why not.  Though I think I will gove the bunjee jump a miss and not too sure on the river rafting.  

Yes, I noticed the 3 spaces again on the trip.  It appears that there will be another group departing on the same day but with the reverse itinerary.  I have been watching the BBC1 prgramme and it's exciting to think that come October we will be experiencing them ourselves.

I am starting to buy certain things now for the trip as suggested on the trip notes like head torch etc, but my main priority is getting my jabs and Malerone.

Speak soon

Regards 

Andrew

Anonymous
Fri, 09/03/2010 - 19:51

Hi Andrew,  We went to India with a rival company but have travelled with Exodus before.  Unfortunately, I picked up an intestinal parasite in India and am reluctant to return as I was really ill when I got home.  Fingers crossed that Africa is better but I have done Senegal before and was fine so think I was just unlucky. I`m away for a week in Norfolk now but will sort out my medication when I get back. Think I`m just about sorted.  Not long now. Never really believe that I`m going to these fab places til I`m at the airport!   We`ll certainly look out for you there.  P`raps we`re the only 3 going !!!!!

Best Regards 

Gill

Anonymous
Tue, 09/07/2010 - 16:04

Hi guys!

I'm also on this trip. I'll be travelling on my own and it's my first ever overland trip! In fact, it'll be my first ever camping tip too! So many firsts. I'm looking forward to it but nervous as well.                         I'll be travelling down to London on the day, from Leeds and flying out of Heathrow.

I had my Yellow Fever vaccine yesterday. Ouch!! I'm still debating whether or not to have the malaria prophylaxis. I've pretty much bought everything I need for the trip, just waiting for my Rwanda visa now. Gill, your idea of a light blanket is brilliant. I'll definitely pack one. 

Camera wise, I think I'll bring my bridge camera for the zoom photos as I don't really want to lug around a heavy lens. I think I'll just stick to my prime 50mm for my SLR.

Looking forward to meeting you all. 

Anonymous
Tue, 09/07/2010 - 21:51

Hello everyone.  Good to see that more and more fellow travellers are posting on here.  Gill, it's not just the 3 of us travelling any more, we have Uhuru.  Nice to meet you Uhuru.  Is that your name?  I'm travelling down to London from Leeds too!  Are you getting the train?  We may see each other on the way down. 

I'm having my yellow fever jab later this month.  I have also ordered my malerone tablets.  Uhuru, Gill and Ronnie, re the visa? Have you guys got yours?  I read in the trip notes that it was ok to sort the visas out once we are there?  If not, then I will have to be quick to sort them out.  If someone could let me know ASAP it would be much appreciated. 

I still have bits to buy...like a sleeping bag.  Just so busy at work that I have not got round to it all yet.  Uhuru, great lens you have there - 50mm prime.  I have that lens too.  I have hired a 28-300mm lens for my SLR.  I know it wil be heavy but I thought it would be worth it.  I'm also contemplating taking a tripod, but unsure yet.   Are you taking two cameras?  I think I will take my SLR and compact.  

October will soon be here.  Looking forward to the African adventure and meeting you all.

Regards 

Andrew

Anonymous
Wed, 09/08/2010 - 08:46

Hi

Sorry to butt in. I'm doing the trip at the same time but in the opposite direction.  We might bump into each other half way round, or at least at Heathrow!

Re the visas, I spoke to Tom Bowring about this, and he said that it was OK just to wait and get them at the border.  Our leaders will help with the formalities.  Also, only needed for Kenya and Uganda.  There is no need for visas for Rwanda for British citizens, although there may be if any of you are not British. 

Hope you all have a great trip!

Jo

Anonymous
Thu, 09/09/2010 - 21:12

Hi Jo,

I'm headed on the reverse trip aswell and just thought I'd say 'hi' to a fellow traveller. It is my first exodus trip and I can't wait.

Look forward to meeting you and the others,

Alison

Anonymous
Thu, 09/09/2010 - 21:20
Hi Jo - You can butt in anytime.  It's not like you're butting in because you're going on the same trip on the same day!  Yes we may see each other at Heathrow.  Thanks for letting me know about the Visa situation.  Did Tom say that we need photographs etc?

Got my Malaron tablets today.  They're not cheap are they?

I wish you a brilliant trip too.  Feel free to join in and answer or ask questions for the benefit of us all.  Same for you too Alison.

Regards

Andrew 

Andrew

Anonymous
Fri, 09/10/2010 - 09:01

Thanks Andrew!

No, Tom didn't say anything about photos, so I thought I'd play safe and take a few just in case.

I also asked about curency for tipping.  I'm intending to take British currency for most things, but he suggested that either dollars or local currency were preferred for tipping our leaders at the end of the holiday.

Malarone is a frightening price isn't it!  However, better that than malaria!

Best

Jo

Anonymous
Fri, 09/10/2010 - 09:04

Hi Alison

Good to hear from you too.  I'll very much look forward to meeting you next month

Jo

Anonymous
Sat, 09/11/2010 - 19:15

Thanks Gill for the information re the visas.

Can't think of an further questions right now, but I'll post as soon as they come to me.  I'm sure there will be further ones as we approach October.

Where's everyone else?  Wouldn't it be great for all to post on here?  Come on other travellers!

Take care and regards 

Andrew

Anonymous
Sun, 09/12/2010 - 17:25

Hey guys!

Andrew, WOW what a  small world! You travelling from Leeds too. I'll probably get the coach down. It's a little cheaper than train travel and doesn't involve numerous train changes along the way with a heavy back pack in tow.

About the visas guys, I'm not travelling on a British passport and I definitely need a visa for Rwanda. It arrived in the post a few days ago, so I'm pretty sorted now.

I wont be doing the balloon flight. Another time perhaps. I'd love to do the white water rafting and the quad biking, but I think we only have one full day there so I will have to choose between the two.

Does anyone have any idea how difficult it will be to get equipment charged up? I plan on getting a spare battery for my camera though. And what type of adaptor will we need for the electricity sockets? 

Getting so excited now, especially after watching the Mountain Gorillas Series on BBC.

Anonymous
Sun, 09/12/2010 - 21:43

Hello Uhuru

Apparently there are plenty of sockets to recharge cameras and phones on the truck.

Regards  Gill

Anonymous
Wed, 09/15/2010 - 21:23

Hi All

Yes it is a small world.  I'm getting the train to Heathrow, so I shall see you there.  I'm not so sure about white water rafting.  I'm not brilliant with water.  I will be giving the bunjee jump a miss too, though I am booked on the balloon safari.

Has everybody got everything and ready to go?  I nearly there.  Probably got the odd bits to buy which I can get nearer the time.  I think I will take a torch too eben though i have a head torch. 

Not got curecny changed yet.  I think the notes state take US dollars.  Anyone taking a tripod? or some beanbag?

Speak soon.

Regards

Andrew

Anonymous
Sun, 09/26/2010 - 17:01

I'm on the Kigali to Nairobi trip, Can't wait now. Any advice on the best place to obtain malarone?, I have my prescrpition; just shopping around for best prices etc.
Will be taking mainly US dollars and converting whilst there. I believe visa's can be obtained at the borders if your British?.
Look forward to meeting you all at Heathrow.

Anonymous
Mon, 09/27/2010 - 09:19

Hi Swabo. Good to hear from you. I'm on the Kigali to Nairobi trip too, and I'll look forward to meeting you soon.
I'm afraid Malarone is an awful price almost anywhere. In the end I bought mine from my local pharmacist, which is about as good an offer as I could find anywhere. But I don't know if anybody else has any better ideas/experiences?
Visas for British subjects can be obtained at the border on arrival, so no need to worry about that until then.
Best to everybody.
Jo

Anonymous
Mon, 09/27/2010 - 23:32

Hi Swabo. I'm on the Kigali to Nairobi trip aswell. Looking forward to meeting you and the others. I got Maloarone from Superdrug, a £30 saving on Boots. But it certainly isn't cheap. See you soon. Ali

Anonymous
Tue, 09/28/2010 - 22:26

Hello everyone.

We are all departing on the same day...it's just a shame that we are not all travelling together across the countries. Hi Swabo...I'm on this Nairobi - Kigali itinerary.

Yes, the visas can be obtained easily at on arrival if you are a British passport holder. Not sure about photos but I think it would be wise to take some passport ones, just in case.

It looks like Malarone is the preferred choice of anti-malaria tablets, but there are other variants too.

Has everyone received their final joining instructions? I hear that the leader for the Nairobi-Kigali itinerary is Mr Often Konzoro!!! Yes! I have heard such great comments about Often and can't wait to meet him!

Everyone set and ready to go? Or have you all still got things to buy? I'm expecting us all to be clad in khaki gear. Easier to spot at the airport.

Just been checking out some more of past AYU'ers and they are making me excited. can't wait! I wish more of the fellow travellers would get in touch on here! Laura Jones has written a fantastic review with cool photos. Laura, feel free to join in our discussions...

Anyone any more questions? I emailed Paul Goldstein whether I should take a tripod, but I have yet to receive an reply. It may not be necessary and a simple beanbag may suffice.

Anyway speak soon.

Regards

Andrew

Anonymous
Wed, 09/29/2010 - 09:14

Hi Andrew. It is a shame that we aren't all travelling in the same direction, but hope to meet several of you at Heathrow. We'll probably be easy to recognise, not only for the khaki, but also because many of us will be playing safe and wearing our boots! I've received my joining instructions too, and our leader from the Kigali end is Mr Judas Khondowe.
Just about organised now, except for the dollars. I'm taking a mix of dollars and pounds as the FAQs imply that the latter are also acceptable. However, for tipping staff I've been advised that either dollars or local currency are preferred.
Is anyone else booked on the ballooon trip? I can hardly wait for that - literally a high spot for the holiday! Looking forward to meeting as many as possible of you soon!
Best, Jo

Anonymous
Wed, 09/29/2010 - 19:07

Hi Andrew and Jo. I can't believe how close it is getting, I'm excited and nervous. I'm nearly all organised aswell. Only my currency to sort out. Will have to check I can pack everthing in my backpack! This is my first kind of trip like this, your tip on wearing the boots rather than packing them will certainly save some space and weight. I booked up on the ballopn trip yesterday. After I read Andrew that you had booked up I thought I'd do the same to make sure I got a space, it will be an amazing experience. It is a shame we aren't all on the same trip but maybe we will meet half way round other than at Heathrow. Looking forward to meeting you all. Alison.

Anonymous
Wed, 09/29/2010 - 20:30

Hi Andrew I`m taking a Gorillpod (well I would wouldn`t I) and if my bag in`t too heavy i`ve got a monopod that doubles as a treking pole so might take that as well as it would also be useful on the gorilla trip. Have everything in place now just over 2 weeks to go. So exciting! Gill

Anonymous
Wed, 09/29/2010 - 20:33

Hi Alison and everyone.

I know it's a real shame that we're not all together. Oh Well. Even if we don't see each other at Heathrow, we may cross paths in Africa.

Great idea about the wearing walking boots. I will do that too...save packing them and they are rather heavy.

I think everyone will be both nervous and excited..it's only natural so try not to worry about it. I know it's easier said than done.

That's one thing I have not even thought about yet..currency! I best get it sorted. How much is everyone taking roughly? It would be good to get some idea of how much to change...and yes wise to get a mix of sterling and US Dollars It is US dollars isn't it? ...not sure about travellers cheques.

Yes, J I booked the balloon flight...I thought I may as well. It;s not every day we get to go to Africa...I am not too sure about white water rafting however. I am not that good with water. The same goes with bungee jumping...not for me....I must sound like a bore.

I'm hoping to pack all mine in a soft holdall. Don't think my rucksack will fit everything after the sleeping bag etc has gone in. So I will have my rucksack (day pack) and my holdall. I've had second thoughts about taking my tripod. I don;t think I will need it. I'm taking a beanbag instead...lighter and more convenient.

I must go through the check list and tick off things...not quite there yet.

Can't think of anything else at the moment. Post up if you think of anything worth sharing!

Cheers
Andrew

Anonymous
Wed, 09/29/2010 - 20:33

Andrew

Anonymous
Wed, 09/29/2010 - 20:37

Our messages must have passed and I just made a boob by posting nothing. sorry.

Hmmm not sure now...about the tripod. I'm just concerned about weight...I read somewhere that we get given walking sticks for the trek... Are you definitely taking your tripod or monopod?

I'll have a little think. Paul Goldstein has not replied to my message as yet. So hopefully when he does I shall decide then.

How much should I change into Us dollars?

Thanks
regards

Andrew

Anonymous
Wed, 09/29/2010 - 21:38

Hi Andrew. I`m taking a couple of hundred in Dollars and probs the same in Sterling with an empty credit card for back up for paying for balloon flight etc if i decide to go. There`s no where really to change travellers cheques so am not bothering. best to split the cash in various pockets etc Hope this helps. will decide about the monopod later and will let you know. gill

Anonymous
Wed, 09/29/2010 - 21:56

Thanks Gillie.

I'll most probably take about same amount. I did for India too, I just hate the idea of running a little short.

Hope you decide to go for the balloon trip. I'm sure you'll be tempted once we're out there.

I'll catch up with you later.

Andrew

Anonymous
Wed, 09/29/2010 - 22:36

Thanks for all the advice. I look forward in meeting you all too.
Is the weight limit still 20kg?, and can more than one bag be taken on the plane as hand luggage?. I ask this question because I have a camera bag and daypack!.
Still packing and buying. Swabo.

Anonymous
Thu, 09/30/2010 - 08:30

Hi everybody. Yes, the weight is still 20kgs. I took a look at the Kenya Airways website, and I'm afraid that just one piece of hand luggage is allowed. So I'm doing the same as Andrew and taking a large hold-all plus a daypack. I agree with you, Andrew, about both the rafting and the bungee jumping. But I like the sound of the walk to ths source of the Nile, and will probably opt for that. Best, Jo.

Anonymous
Thu, 09/30/2010 - 10:16

Just a few thoughts from a past traveller on this trip. Have enjoyed reading your posts having gone through it all in July. I took a momopod and never used it and you do get a pole on the gorilla hike which you can buy at the end but it is a bit unwieldy to transport home. Took all my cash in dollars, no problems at all and the guides will gladly accept them. As you cross border posts you will be hassled by money changers, ok if you budget well and only have small amounts of local currency to change, so use them. You will get to go to at least three craft markets so think about having some spare space/weight allowance if you are tempted to buy! At Jinja you also have the option of a ride in a jet boat, a high speed thrash on the Nile, great fun if a little wet. The bus has an invertor with four sockets taking English plugs, so phones,Ipods and camera batteries are easily charged on the longer drives. You will have a truly great trip even allowing for the lump in the throat at the Memorial Centre in Kigali. A big reminder to take some thick gardening gloves. The nettles on the gorilla treck are the most vicious any of us had come across and you will be stung through your trousers, shirts etc. Don't sit down in a bunch as one of our party did, you may not have a friend to apply the ointment!!

I would go again tomorrow. Jeff

Anonymous
Thu, 09/30/2010 - 11:55

Thanks Jeff, that's very helpful! I like the sound of the jet boat! Thanks for the reminder about the gardening gloves too. I think I'll take my gaiters as well in view of your comments. Best, Jo.

Anonymous
Thu, 09/30/2010 - 20:33

Hi Jeff, Thanks for the comments on the monopod. I`ll leave it at home. Have ordered the dollars and just hope i get small denomination notes as they always make life easier. So glad to hear you had such a good trip. I`m so looking forward to it Gill

Anonymous
Thu, 09/30/2010 - 20:45

Hi Andrew and everyone. All the helpful hints and tips are great. The English plug sockets will definitely make life easier. I'm with Andrew and Jo, I don't fancy the rafting or bungee jumping but the jet boat does sound good. We can't all be boring if we all think the same!! This trip is going to be amazing.....can't wait. Alison.

Anonymous
Fri, 10/01/2010 - 09:05

Thanks guys for all the ideas being bounced around here. Very helpful indeed.

So, is anyone going to do the white water rafting? I'd really love to, but I think I'll have to choose between that and quad biking. White water rafting is such a buzz. I did it last year on the Zambezi and I can't even swim!
I would have done the bungi jump if it was a bigger drop. Having done the bungi off the Victoria Falls bridge this year, it would have to be more challenging.

Two weeks exactly today. I'm so excited. Only a couple things left to sort out. Am going in to work tonight so will sort out a first aid kit.

Anonymous
Fri, 10/01/2010 - 21:26

Jeff

Thanks for all the tips that you have shared with us. Sounds like you had a wicked time! It does make a difference to hear from someone that has been there and done it. I have decided..not tripod, just a beanbag that I bought, that should do the trick!

Just one question, Jeff, if you don't mind: The visas at the borders..do they require passport photos? Thanks.

Yes, the jet boat does sound fun. I shall decide one I'm there. Uhuru...wow you've done white water rafting before and you can't swim? That's cool. At the moment, I'm not thinking about doing it, but we shall see once I'm there, but no promises.

I'm almost there now there with my stuff. I read somewhere not to take too much...it's always about getting the balance right. I know the old saying that no question is a silly question, but I feel stupid asking this anyway, but how much toilet roll should one take? Also is anyone taking a travel pillow? I wasn't going to bother.

Getting very exited now...not long this time in two weeks time we'll be in flight on our way....wow. Look forward to seeing you all. I'm sure you will all recognise me...hopefully.

Take care

Andrew

Anonymous
Sat, 10/02/2010 - 08:59

Hi Andrew. Yes it is getting exciting! This time two weeks we will actually be there! There is indeed no such thing as a stupid question, and the one you ask about the toilet paper actually makes good sense. I am assuming that toilet paper will be provided at the camps - is this right Jeff? I was therefore planning to take just two packets with me to carry in my day sack. I'm taking flat packs rather than rolls as they take up much less space. I am also taking a travel pillow. I bought mine at Nomad, and it packs up very small in its own stuff bag. Also very light and very comfortable. See you all soon. Best, Jo

Anonymous
Sun, 10/03/2010 - 17:23

Hello all!

Myself (Sarah) and my husband (Ed) are also doing this trip (Nairobi-Kigali). Have only just looked at the forums to see all the replies so thought I'd just introduce myself before we officially meet in a couple of weeks!
We have all our stuff spread out on the spare bed and think I have got pretty much everyting sorted, just need to get some USD's.
We haven't got visa's, plan on getting them on arrival. Not sure if you need photos, so taking some just in case. I read somewhere else that if you print off the visa application form the high commission website and have it already filled in you can go straight to the booth whilst everyone else is filling their forms in! Not sure if this is true, but will certainly be trying it out!
All jabs done, have malaria tabs (mefloquine for me, doxy for Ed, both taken them several times before with no probs, and alot cheaper than malarone!)
Did the Mara balloon trip 10yrs ago and was amazing - def. worth the money. Like Andrew, I'm not a great swimmer, so will give rafting a miss, but will prob do quadbiking instead!
Getting quite excited now, looking forward to meeting you all! Sarah.

Anonymous
Mon, 10/04/2010 - 10:01

Hi Andrew and everyone. So not long now, getting more excited everyday. I'm taking a travel pillow. Pillows are not provided while we are camping. I was going to take some loo roll aswell. Like Jo I thought it must be provided but it is mentioned on the trip notes, so thought I'd take some flat packs. I'm aware you are the only person we will recognise, I might see if I can download a photo before we go, but my technological skills are not the best! That is a good idea about the visa forms. I tried before to download the forms from the various high commission websites but the links always fail, could be me and technology, or it doesn't work! Anyway, 12 days and we'll be getting ready to fly. See you all soon. Alison.

Anonymous

I'm starting to lose track who is on which itinerary haha.

You sound very organised Sarah. I think I have most things sorted, but just so busy at work that I have not got round to ticking things off. Got my US$ today. Getting the visa forms sounds like a good idea, but not to worry if we don't. So Sarah you have been to the Masai Mara once before. You must have plenty of tips and advice to share.

I'm following in the steps of Gillie, Jo and Alison...I bought a travel pillow from nomad.

I've got my memory cards and extra batteries...tripod is staying at home. taking a beanbag instead.

Everyone else ready to go or nearly there?

Andrew

Anonymous
Tue, 10/05/2010 - 08:39

Hi Andrew and everybody. It sounds as though you are just about ready now, Andrew. It does take time, but I think I'm almost there too now. I'm collecting my dollars later this week and, like Sarah and Ed, I have everything I need spread out over the bed in my spare room. I just hope I don't get any surprise visitors in the meantime! Looking forward to meeting you all next week. Jo

Anonymous
Tue, 10/05/2010 - 22:49

Hi everyone. Will be doing the Nairobi to Kigali. Had a quick scan through and alot of my questions have been answered. Didn't realise we could book the balloon trip in advance, will be on the phone doing that tomorrow!
Am travelling on my own so will hopefully bump into some of you at Heathrow.
Look forward to meeting you all next week, can't believe it is so near now. Sue.

Anonymous
Wed, 10/06/2010 - 15:33

Hi guys
I am also on the trip from Nairobi to Kigali. I am a solo female travelling from Canada! I am flying on my own from Canada the day before the tour starts. So, I will meet all of you on the morning of the tour at the hotel. I'm getting really excited!
See you next week..
Patty

Anonymous
Wed, 10/06/2010 - 21:46

Hi guys, its been good to read all the tips and ideas. My husband Glen and I are on the Nairobi to Kigali trip and flying out from Heathrow. Really excited about the trip and looking forward to meeting you all on the 15/16th. Ali

Anonymous
Thu, 10/07/2010 - 16:32

Jo and Swabo, looks like we're the only 3 on the reverse trip!!! I think there are 12 of us on our trip altogether, will be fun meeting everyone which ever way round your going. Alison

Pages

You recently looked at