Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Anyone Winter Walking in Trins, departing 26th December 2011?

Anonymous
Mon, 10/10/2011 - 21:20

Hi, really looking forward to getting away after christmas for some winter walking and new year celebrations.  i have just come back from a week's walking holiday in Picos and couldn't wait to book another one.  Would love to hear from any fellow travellers on this trip.

L

My latest posts

Anonymous
Sun, 11/13/2011 - 19:00

We have never been on a trip like this before so we are a bit unsure of what we have let ourselves in for !!

Anonymous
Tue, 11/22/2011 - 21:24

Hi I've been on a number of trekking hols but never in winter and never over Christmas period so really looking forward to a snowy scenery and everything that goes with winter - oh and some relaxing but active time away from work. Some idea on new year celebration would be good!

Anonymous
Tue, 11/29/2011 - 21:54

I havent been on a winter holiday either so am still figuring out what to pack. Looking forward to snowy scenery and blue skies too. I saw a note about fireworks and a gala dinner for new years eve...now there's a wardrobe dilemma! 

Di
Wed, 11/30/2011 - 10:34

I went on this trip (in January) a couple of years ago and loved it. Let me know if I can help with packing suggestions. During the day I wore: warm thermal top, light fleece jumper and a ski jacket, with thermal leggings and something like ski trousers (I use them for walking in winter in the UK) on top, which was fine. My extremities tend to get very cold, especially ears and hands, so I wore a pair of ski mittens, a fleece hat with a cotton buff underneath to protect my ears. My hands still got cold on occasion! You don't stand still for long outside and most of the walking is fairly flat so you end up mainly at quite an even temperature. Forget water bottles as they'll freeze within about an hour, even if you have an insulated tube. Either take a flask and fill with hot water from breakfast, or just do without as most of us did. The hotel is warm at night so you don't need to worry there.

Anonymous
Wed, 11/30/2011 - 23:00

Di, thanks for the clothing tips. it's good to get some advice from someone who's actually been. glad you enjoyed the trip..i am quite excited now!

You recently looked at