Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

AIW - Land of the Tiger 19 November 2010

Anonymous
Thu, 04/08/2010 - 11:59

Hi, I have booked the above holiday in November and I am really looking forward to seeing the 'shy' tigers and discovering India. So far I have been to E. Africa - Nairobi, Uganda and Rwanda and last year spent time in Canada Grizzly watching.

I will be pleased to correspond with anyone else going to India.   Kathy

Anonymous
Fri, 04/30/2010 - 14:32

Hi Kathy, sorry for not replying sooner - I came back from SA (luckily on my original fight!) to rush off to the lake district and am now in knutsford for a wedding so I've finally had time to catch up with everything :-)

I'll be on this trip also and I can't wait! I've never travelled with Exodus, or a company like them, or been to India (or any of Asia for that matter) so this will be a whole new experience for me :-) My only wildlife spotting experience so far has been at Kruger in a lovely little car, so the elephant rides sound very different and exciting. 

Nix

Anonymous
Sun, 05/02/2010 - 21:48

Hi Kathy, Hi Nix

I am also booked on this trip.  I've been to Kruger in SA and had a brilliant time but seeing tigers has been on my wish list for ages.

Sam

Anonymous
Mon, 05/10/2010 - 19:35

Hi all,

My boyfriend Fraser and myself are also down for this trip.  First time to India though we managed Nepal 18 months ago.  Looking forward to the tiger viewing - keep everything crossed we actually get to see them!

Helen 

Anonymous
Tue, 05/11/2010 - 20:28

Hi all, I'm booked onto this trip too - really, really excited about it all. My most recent trip was to East Africa (sounds very similar to yours Kathy) where I saw Chimps & Mountain Gorillas. This will be my first trip with Exodus and my first to India.

I'm not taking the group flight; I arrive into Delhi very early 20th Novemberso will meet with you all at the group meeting and then have an extra day at the end to see more of Delhi.

Be great to hear from anyone else joining us.

Matt

Anonymous
Thu, 05/20/2010 - 14:40

Hello All,

I'm also on the trip...first time with Exodus, but have been on these sort of holidays before, with Explore (but I suppose I shouldn't go on about how great they were in thie forum!) Last one was to 'track' the Gorillas in Uganda so I guess we will have some stories to share there...

I'm into the nature side of the trips, but also can't wait to visit the Taj Mahal.

The only bad thing is....it's AGES away!

James.

Anonymous
Thu, 06/10/2010 - 17:58

Hi again, sorry for not replying sooner. I've been swamped with revision and presentations - the joys of third year - but it's nearly all over now.

I'm also not taking the group flight.. although I haven't yet worked out if I'm flying into Delhi the night before or going to somehow get on a flight that arrives near the time of the group flight.

Does anyone have any trips for travelling light? This trip is part of a 17 week long trip for me so any tips for making travelling easier would be greatly appreciated! :-)

Anonymous
Thu, 07/29/2010 - 23:41
  1. This may sound odd (and boys shield your eyes) but I did a similar trip to India a while ago and picked up a top tip from another girlie - pantie liners!! It meant that she got far more wear out of her undies and was fresher for longer than most of us.  Also beware of using the dobi wallers in the occasional hotel laundry you have access to - all our undies came back wuth very strange red/brown stains on (boys too) - think it was whatever they used to wash them in and also all our socks were labelled L & R, what is all that about?? I kept a couple of pairs for a reminder.... Off to Sri Lanka this November, 3rd time doing this same trip, absolutely love it, Exodus is a fab company too.  Have a great time  Cedric the intrepid
Anonymous
Mon, 11/15/2010 - 16:37

A couple more days and we'll be there. Any last ideas for packing ? I'm sure we will forget something - we always do !!

Look forward to meeting you all.

H. 

You recently looked at