Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

ACM Mongolian Adventure departing 29th June 2012

Wed, 05/02/2012 - 16:11

Anyone else going on this trip. Less than  2 months to departure and just received my Mongolian visa.

Garry

Wed, 05/09/2012 - 10:52

I'm on the trip, Garry--US citizen so no visa required (I live in London though).  Are you on the Friday night trip out on the 29th?

Wed, 05/09/2012 - 11:20

Hi

Yes I am leaving on 29th but flying Air China, leaving at 13.15. For some reason I was bumped off the Korean air flight a month or so ago. I presume you are flying via Korea?

Cheers

Garry

Fri, 06/22/2012 - 15:01

Yes--I booked separately to get a lower rate but am on the same flights as the group.  As a US citizen, I didn't want the hassle of going via Beijing.  

Sat, 06/23/2012 - 12:26

Hi

I think the main advantage of flying via Bejing is that there is much less stopover time. Only a couple of hours each time. Other than that I did not really have a choice.

See you in Ulanbattar when you get there.

Anonymous
Mon, 06/25/2012 - 14:23

Hi Garry and bjkurko,

Geoff and Marg here. Not much activity on this board. We are having a week in China before joining you on 1 July. Arrived yesterday and weather is humid and thundery and cooler than usual. Looking forward to seeing you and the silent majority. Visas were a right pain but sorted in the end.

Geoff and Marg

Mon, 06/25/2012 - 18:41

Hi Geoff and Marg

Nice to see someone else posting. Been extremely quiet. I fly into Bejing on Saturday morning, but unfortunately only in transit. What is Bejing like?

Garry

Anonymous
Wed, 06/27/2012 - 01:15

Hi again Garry,

Beijing is a very interesting but soulless city. Plenty to see with parks and palaces, but with five ring roads you can imagine the size and difficulty travelling. A city with no significant churches is weird.

Off to Xi'an tonight to see Terracotta Army. Sleeper train should be an experience.

Geoff and Marg

You recently looked at