i will be travelling from newcastle

Anonymous
Sat, 06/27/2009 - 17:28

Hi - I am going on this trip also.

Tania

Sun, 06/28/2009 - 12:18

Hi Tania

where are u flying from

have u trekked before. I was in Peru last year on Inca Trail.

John

Anonymous
Tue, 07/07/2009 - 11:19

Hi

I am flying in from London.  I lived in Switzerland for the past 9 years so did a lot of trekking / hiking but not for a 2 week period so this will be interesting!

I considered Peru when booking this trip but I settled on Nepal - I am looking forward to it!

Tania

Anonymous
Wed, 07/29/2009 - 07:01

Hi John and Tania,

I'm going on this trip too with my brother (we're both late 20's) and dad (50's).  I work for an adventure travel company so done quite a bit of trekking and travel, and my brother too.  Less so for dad, but he's taking the training very seriously... Once in a lifetime for dad.  First time in Nepal for all 3 of us, though I did a great 6-day trek in the Garwhal Himalayas over the border in India last year.  We're arranging our own flights so will meet everyone in Kathmandu.

See you there!

Alex

Anonymous
Tue, 08/04/2009 - 20:55

Hi my name's Ferne. I'm going on this trip too, flying from London. Not done anything like this before but looking forward to it. Trying to keep fit but weather not great for hill walking lately.

Anonymous
Wed, 09/09/2009 - 14:50

Hi there?

Its me kunjang lama . i will be leading this trek .If you have any  things to know about   i will be here to reply  soon .I will be there in the airport to  receive you all.

till then  take care .

lama kunjang

Mon, 09/14/2009 - 20:46

Hi John again.

Tania and Ferne and anyone else. Could we arrange to meet at heathrow somehow.

When i went to peru i never saw fellow travellers until Lima.

Anonymous
Fri, 09/18/2009 - 03:34

Hello everyone

Its me again your tour leader from Nepal.Please make sure to bring two copies of photographes as I need it for your trek permit and also one important thing,check your insurance details and be sure that your insurance covers  upto 3210m as it will be the highest altitiude we will reach.

I will be in the airport to recieve you all,see you soon.

Anonymous
Fri, 09/18/2009 - 19:03

Hi John, be good to meet up at Heathrow. will be nice to meet people beforehand. Never having done anything like this before I am really looking forward to it but also a bit apprehensive.

Ferne

Anonymous
Fri, 09/18/2009 - 19:05

Hi Lama Kunjang - looking forward to meeting you in Nepal. Totally new experience for me and really looking forward to it.

Ferne

Anonymous
Sat, 09/19/2009 - 08:00

Hi Ferne

Good to hear from you.Just 4 weeks to go and all of you wil be here in Nepal.see you soon.

Anonymous
Sat, 09/19/2009 - 19:13

Hi

I'm also going on this trip and looking forward to the whole experience. I haven't trekked before and have increased my work out at the gym and still feel I should maybe be doing more? Like the idea of meeting up at Heathrow having done that previously on other trips and it made a huge difference.

Irene

Anonymous
Mon, 09/21/2009 - 11:01

I'm travelling from Shrewsbury, Shropshire and feel as you do Ferne a little apprehensive but excited to. Can anyone say whether I need to buy a down jacket as well as a berhaus fleece lined jacket? Irene

Tue, 09/22/2009 - 20:29

i don,t know heathrow at all irene could u suggest anywhere obvious as a meeting place

or maybe we should all wear carnations.

Tue, 09/22/2009 - 20:38

Hi lama kunjang

you say we need 2 photos for trek permits. is this in addition to photos for visa?

john

Anonymous
Tue, 09/22/2009 - 20:58

Hi, I'm not sure what sort of jacket to take yet - very bad at packing, will probably be panicking on the day I leave. Haven't been to Heathrow for years so no idea where to suggest we meet.

Ferne  

Anonymous
Wed, 09/23/2009 - 07:02

Hi John

Yes,you have to bring 2 photos extra with you which is for the trek permit.

see you soon.

Anonymous
Thu, 09/24/2009 - 02:05

Hi its me kunjang again.So Irene if you have other warm jacket than that will be ok or you can can hire down jacket from our Exodus office and you can buy a fleece but I suggest you to buy it here in Nepal cause you can get it in really cheaper price.

Anonymous
Thu, 09/24/2009 - 02:05

Hi its me kunjang again.So Irene if you have other warm jacket than that will be ok or you can can hire down jacket from our Exodus office and you can buy a fleece but I suggest you to buy it here in Nepal cause you can get it in really cheaper price.

Anonymous
Thu, 09/24/2009 - 17:10

Hi All

Agree that meeting up at Heathrow is a good idea.  I believe we will be going out of Terminal 3 and the best suggestion I can make is for us to meet at somewhere mundane like Starbucks which is the other side of security/check in (I was going to suggest O'Neill's but thought that might give the wrong impression!).

Perhaps once we get confirmation of flight times we can decide a rough idea of time to meet.

Just to reassure you all - I too have done no preparation have no jacket, sleeping bag or anything yet.  Sunday shopping looks like a possibilty!

Tania

Fri, 09/25/2009 - 14:07

I went on this trip last year. It was cold at night at Tatopani and Ghorepani so if you are going to be doing other trekking holidays in the future a down jacket or vest is a good investment. Nothing warmer for the weight. I'd be a bit wary of buying clothing in Kathmandu, often fake and not the same quality!

Cheers

Jon

Anonymous
Sun, 09/27/2009 - 20:21

Thanks Jon, that's really helpful I will explore options here. Ferne I think your idea to meet @ Starbucks after check-in is sensible, hope to see you there.

Irene

Anonymous
Sun, 09/27/2009 - 20:22

Sorry Tania it was your idea where to meet up oops!

Irene

Anonymous
Sun, 09/27/2009 - 20:27

Went walking in the shropshire hills today and for the second time my old leather boots began to hurt in one place........so decision at late date to but new pair ? Gues I have to.!

Irene

Anonymous
Thu, 10/01/2009 - 22:27

Hi fellow travellers, Having read the reviews which I found really helpful, one suggestion was take an extra bag to leave at Katmandu with clothes etc for your return? What sort of bag? anyone got any ideas? Also when do we receive our bag from Exodus?

Irene

Anonymous
Fri, 10/02/2009 - 10:26

Hi,Irene

That extra bag is for the clothes which u won't be taking to the trek which we keep it in the hotel's locker and give it back to u as soon as we get back from the trek.

Anonymous
Wed, 10/07/2009 - 19:06

Hi  everyone, not long to go now. Got the bag but no paperwork yet - hope I'm not the only one. Did you get new boots Irene? Not sure it's such a good idea so close to the trip. O'Neills would have been fine Tania - might need some Dutch courage to get on the plane (just a little phobia I have). look forward to meeting everyone soon. Anyone know the best way to sort out money - traveller's cheques? Didn't realise they still did them, so used to using cards.

Ferne  

Anonymous
Fri, 10/09/2009 - 08:07

Just for info, I spoke to Exodus yesterday and apparently there is a delay in issuing the travel packs/ paperwork.  They anticipate sending them out early next week.

Tania

Anonymous
Sat, 10/10/2009 - 09:05

Hello, I'm also going on the trip and look forward to meeting you at Starbucks! I'm having packing panicks but thanks for the down jacket tip, I won't take it back then! Can anyone confirm if it's warm enough during the day to wear shorts and if so if that's appropriate for girls? Or if trousers are better? 

I'm a trekking novice so I have new boots (eek).

Jenny

Sun, 10/11/2009 - 18:46

Yes it is hot during the day. I wore knee length shorts but in terms of respecting the local culture it is better to wear long trousers. I'd recommend Rohan Goa trousers, these are very light and cool and not restrictive, wore them for two weeks in Morocco.

Mon, 10/12/2009 - 21:19

Hi Everybody

not long to go now, looking forward to meeting you all at starbucks.

just one thing. am i the only bloke flying on trip from heathrow?

john

Anonymous
Mon, 10/12/2009 - 22:16

Thanks for the tip re the shorts!

Anonymous
Tue, 10/13/2009 - 22:52

thanks for the shorts tip, have managed to get my down sleeping bag into the very small bag it goes in for carrying!! In reality what is the number of t shirts we need to take ( I know but I'm a female) less and wash more? what the best tip ?

Look for you all on Sunday I guess we could easily spot each other from the kit bags we are checking in? if not see you at Starbucks !

Irene

Anonymous
Sat, 10/17/2009 - 18:54

HI everyone, can't believe we are actually leaving tomorrow. No idea re tshirts Irene - not done this before. Am trying not to take too much but it's difficult to know exactly how much you need. If we meet at Starbucks after checkin won't our kitbags have gone through? If so any idea how to recognise each other - is it worth suggesting a time? Look forward to meeting you all.

Ferne

You recently looked at