Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

AYU Gorillas and Masai Mara - 3 July 09

Anonymous
Wed, 06/17/2009 - 13:48

Hi,

Is anybody doing the AYU Gorilla trip on 3rd July?

Kate

Anonymous
Thu, 06/25/2009 - 11:40

I am going on this  trip, sorting my packing out now :)

Anonymous
Sun, 06/28/2009 - 22:24

Ya, me too... did you guys get visas in advance? (i'm hoping not; cuz i'm planning on doing it there and don't want to delay the group...)

Good luck w/ the packing!

Alison =)

Anonymous
Mon, 06/29/2009 - 12:49

I am getting mine there too, I think it will be fine and not delay too much...

Caroline

Anonymous
Mon, 06/29/2009 - 13:18

I was lucky enough to do this trip over Christmas and New Year and we were stuck in Kenya airport for hours getting visas so I hope it has since improved.   Whatever happens you are in for a treat and enjoy every second of it.

Mandy

Anonymous
Mon, 06/29/2009 - 16:08

Hi,

I'm travelling with my boyfriend Chris, neither of us have got our visas in advance. Hows the packing going? I'm trying to pack as light as possible!

Anonymous
Mon, 06/29/2009 - 19:40

I am packing....almost finished but it seems i have alot..gues it's easier to cut down. I have a question...how much did people spend on malaria tablets or are you even taking them? i went to pick up mine today and was told it would cost £82.75?

Anonymous
Mon, 06/29/2009 - 22:53

I'm getting my prescription filled tomorrow, but it put me out like 50 quid when i went to India last year (and that was only an 8 day trip!)! So, 80 for 17 days is a little better, depending on which pill you get. (I know some are much more expensive than others...)

Impressive that you're almost finished packing; I *just* started.

That's a relief about the visas. We just need passport pics & money to get it, or is there more to it than that...?

I wonder if the other ppl will join the forum in the next few days; I know there are 16 ppl registered for the trip, or at least there were a month ago... Everyone flying out from Heathrow Friday night?

Anonymous
Mon, 06/29/2009 - 23:25

Hi, We’ve got malarone maleria tablets, they were pretty expensive!

I didn’t realise that we need passport pics to get the visas??

Yep, flying out of Heathrow Friday night, its coming round quickly now!

Kate

Anonymous
Tue, 06/30/2009 - 09:33

Hey, I am flying from heathrow also....3 days to go yay.

I didn't realise malaria talets were going to be so expensive, nor that we needed photos for the visas, but i do have a couple left over so i shall take them.

Anonymous
Wed, 07/01/2009 - 09:54

Hey guys, I was just rereading the trip notes, and it refers to this 'what to pack' list that we should have received in a 'general information booklet sent on booking'. I didnt' get this. Did you?!

Ya, I'm pretty sure I read that on one of the visa sites about passport pics... better safe than sorry I guess.

Btw, if either of you are interested you can find me on facebook if you search alibeck42. (I'm the one in London... =)

See ya in a couple days. 

Anonymous
Wed, 07/01/2009 - 12:58

Hey,

We received a small booklet with our initial documents…I think it was a fairly general list of things to take as it's the same document for all of the trips.

Ali I just found you on facebook, there are about 500 people with my name so not as easy to find!

Have either of you been to Africa before?

Anonymous
Wed, 07/01/2009 - 13:08

Ya, I spent the summer teaching English in Tanzania a few years back.  So, I've got a very rudimentary knowledge of Swahili to fall back on... The camping will be a new adventure though. (Still running around getting supplies... =)

You recently looked at