Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Hello

Anonymous
Wed, 06/10/2009 - 20:53

Hi - looking forward to the trip.....I am aiming to get my Visa at the airport. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous
Wed, 06/24/2009 - 12:54

Hey there,

I can't wait!!  I think I'm going to get the Kenya & Tanzania visas on arrival, but I think you need to pay the Tanzania one in USD cash.  This is the case for Brits anyway - where are you from? 

Anonymous
Wed, 07/15/2009 - 16:51

We are using travcour to get our visa's. A little on the expensive side but the service is great and you avoid any hassle at the airport. And beleive me Nairobi Airport can be a HASSLE!!!

Any of you flying out on the group flight from Heathrow?? It would be good to know who is going on this trip. My girlfriend and i can't wait to get away from London for a while and hope that it is as good as some of the reviews are saying!!

Anonymous
Sat, 07/25/2009 - 12:44

I was going to use them again but I thought I needed my passport for a business trip in July or Aug!! Not so - thank goodness

Am travelling on the 8pm from Heathrow. Like you all - CANNOT wait to get away on this trip - really looking forward to it!

Anonymous
Tue, 07/28/2009 - 11:13

Hey guys,

I'm also on the 8pm group flight from Heathrow, travelling solo.  

SO excited for this trip.  Is this a first safari for you all?  I've been to Tanzania and Zanzibar before, but unforgivably didn't make it on to a safari.  Never been to Kenya.  I'm most looking forward to the Masai Mara camp - are we are going to be lucky enough to witness the migration??

What are you thinking of taking cash-wise?  A few hundred pounds of Kenyan shillings plus perhaps some USD? 

Tim 

Anonymous
Tue, 07/28/2009 - 14:04

Well we are supposed to be there for the great migration so here's hoping! Would be amazing to see a few million wildebeast. If this is your first safari you wont regret it, absolutely amazing experience. This will be my third and as long as they can guarantee me a leopard to complete the collection i will be a happy man.

See you at heathrow then, or maybe on the flight!

Oh and are either of you doing the Hot Air ballon ride? It is extremely expensive but someone I know who has done it says it is one of those once in a lifetime things!?!?!

Anonymous
Wed, 07/29/2009 - 10:48

I'm really tempted by the hot air balloon flight.  It is a lot of money but speaking to people who have done it - it's worth every penny.

Anonymous
Sat, 08/01/2009 - 11:20

hi - decided not to do the balloon flight - although no doubt I will regret it!!!

I am taking sterling - friend went to Kenya last year and suggested this but happy to hear your thoughts!

Anonymous
Sat, 08/15/2009 - 20:51

been nosing at that link and also looking at some of the lodges we are going to be staying in!! only 10 days to go too ;-))

Hope you are all organised and ready for our little african adventure

Anonymous
Fri, 08/21/2009 - 13:14

Looking forward to the trip, Tim thanks for the great migration info - lets hope we are lucky!!

I am sure you have done it already but if you havent, trip advisor has got reviews and lots of photo's/videos of the places we are staying. Kicheche Mara Camp where we are staying is vote Number 1 of all the camps in the Masai Mara - lets hope it lives up to expectations!!!

May see you on the flight but if not definitely when we arrive in Nairobi!!!

You recently looked at