Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Clothing

Anonymous
Wed, 06/03/2009 - 21:56

I know about the essentials to pack, please could someone advice on clothing. 

I understand that warm clothing is needed for Quito due to the altitude, so jeans etc may be more practical. 

For the cruise is it really casual such as shorts teeshirts, swimwear etc enough for the day while maybe casucal skirts, longer trousers a light cardigan for the night.

Any tips would be welcome.

Thanks 

Anonymous
Fri, 06/05/2009 - 17:19

Dee Dee

If you go to weatheronline.co.uk and follow links to Sth America then put in Quito the forecast is for temp's around 20 deg's dropping to 11 deg's at night the Galapagos also is around 20 deg's too. Hope this helps. Johnscatt

Anonymous
Fri, 06/05/2009 - 17:30

Thanks John! It is indeed not too cold in Quito, but it is chilly - a jumper and jeans at night should suffice, perhaps a light jacket or rain coat to keep the wind off too. During the day, a light jumper will be enough and if it's sunny, then it warms up quickly as you are on the equator.

On the boat, most people do dress casual and a light jumper will suffice for evenings sat out on the deck looking at the stars. During the day it is hot- T-shirts, shorts, skirts, swimwear etc are all perfect. Don't forget some good suncream!

Anonymous
Fri, 06/05/2009 - 21:06

Thank you

Factor 50 is packed, I burn very easily 

Anonymous
Sat, 06/19/2010 - 15:49

We were given the to leave clothing etc in Quito in safe storage in hotel while we went to Galapagos. a good idea as little space for storage in cabins on board.

Quito can be cool - 14C in June-  so you need something warm for evening at least.  On board it's still quite warm - just a sweater for on deck at night.  Make sure you do go on deck to look at the sky  and stars - beautiful.

You recently looked at