Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Spitzbergen 24th June 2009

Anonymous
Wed, 06/03/2009 - 16:20

Hi

I am travelling on this trip by myself. Went to this area two years ago and had a fantastic time but only had a compact camera. Now I have all the photographic gear, but I was unable to go on Paul's trip on the 14th.  Hope there are lots of others interested in photography and look forward to meeting everyone.

I am travelling on 24th and not the 14th. Drop down menu only gives the 14th.

Moira

Anonymous
Sun, 06/07/2009 - 11:17

Hi Moira

I am also travelling on this trip by myself.  Not long to go now!  I've not travelled to this area before so am looking forward to exploring new horizons.  Do you have any tips on things to take?

Looking forward to meeting all who are travelling on this trip.

Kind regards

Sally 

Anonymous
Thu, 06/11/2009 - 15:21

Hi!

My sister, my father and I are on the 24th trip.  Really getting excited.  First went to Svalbard in 2005 and fell in love, can't wait to go back.

Gilly Nottingham

Anonymous
Fri, 06/12/2009 - 17:50

Hi Glad to hear from people. I take my own wellingtons but the ship has an adequate supply. The ship is quite warm so take some thinner things for on board.  Take plenty socks and the main problem seems to be cold feet. I went to the Antarctic and wore two pair of wool socks and 'welly warmers' ( fleece type socks) and my feet were not cold. Take two hats in case one blows off. Also two pairs of gloves, thin ones and waterproof outer ones. Hand warmers used by skiers are useful if it is very cold. Take a universal plug as not all cabins have a plug. Ensure you have a large material waterproof bag for putting stuff in whilst in the zodiac or a waterproof camera bag. You don't need hiking boots as you wear your wellies all the time. Can't think of anything else at the moment. It won't be long now.

Moira

Sat, 06/13/2009 - 18:43

I'll give Vanessa a ring next week, but does anyone know if the SAS hotel at Oslo includes breakfast? As they charge for food on the plane I have a feeling this will be extra? I'll reportback.

Spooky, Planet Earth is on BBC2 and the King Penguins in South Georgia have just come on ... memories 8-)

You recently looked at