Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Mont Blanc Circuit 22 August.

Fri, 05/29/2009 - 08:46

Hello to anybody out there on the Mont Blanc Circuit departing on 22 August.

Steve & Ann

Anonymous
Sat, 06/13/2009 - 21:54

Hi Steve and Ann,

Yes, I am booked to join you on the 22nd August trip. Really looking foward to it! I'm travelling by myself, so I'm pretty curious to see who else is coming, too. Looks like there are few more people out there - only 2 places left!

Are you preparing/training for the trip particularly? Or do you find yourself in the hills often enough for this to be a breeze? I live in Oxford, so I'm hoping running up up a few hills and some quick trips to the Lakes and Wales will help me when it comes to getting my fitness to the right level. 

See you soon!

Emma

Tue, 06/16/2009 - 10:30

Hello Emma.
You do sound keen with all that training. We're not doing anything specific, just generally keeping as fit as we can. We live in Essex, so no big hills here to play with (only 12m above sea level after climbing up the slope in the back garden!!) However, previous treks we've done with Exodus are pretty well paced, so expect this one to be OK too. If not, then a supply of Ibuprofen will do the trick.
So that's 3 of us accounted for-where are the others?

Steve & Ann

Anonymous
Sun, 06/28/2009 - 22:11

Hi Steve, Ann and Emma,

Only just seen the Compass Cafe Forum, nice idea to chat to fellow travellers before we set off.
We live in Kingston upon Thames and our training regime to date has mostly involved walking along the river feeding the ducks and geese :-) We will be ramping this up over the next few weeks though with some jogging and cycling.

Holding thumbs that we have good weather and see you all soon,
Marc and Sylwia

Mon, 06/29/2009 - 08:24

Hi Marc & Sylwia. If my memory serves me correctly, Kingston on Thames has a similar flat landscape to Essex, so no leg stretching hills to train on. I went up to the Lake District last weekend intending to spend a few days walking. Unfortunately, the rain bucketed down, so walking between the kit shops, pubs and restaurants provided the exercise-probably marginally less useful than walking along the river feeding the ducks and geese! Steve & Ann

Anonymous
Tue, 07/14/2009 - 16:37

Just found this link.

My wife and I are on this holiday, as I have a bus pass I might catch it to go around.

We were on the Laos vietnam february cycling trip, but cancelled it as we were the only ones going, and Anne had to sort her holidays out , so we will meet you all at geneva as we are flying from heathrow with BA.

We live in Fishbourne near Chichester, so we are close to the south downs, but no real hills, but we will all have a great time and get fit as we go, sounds like Steve will carry our rucksacks, he has done a bit, unless he is carrying his Anns rucksack.

If anyone is slightly worrying about fittness, you will be in front of me.

Regards John Bennett

Sun, 07/26/2009 - 18:06

Hi John & Anne (& others)

We're just back from a holiday, with only 4 weeks to get fit for the Mont Blanc Circuit, and, as we are also only a few years away from our bus passes, there is no  chance of me carrying anybody's rucksack (including my Ann's) Nice try though!!!See you on the trip.

Steve & Ann

Anonymous
Tue, 07/28/2009 - 12:54

Just back/sorted from the Tour de Mont Blanc, hope the weather is as kind for you as it was for our trip!!! Treat in store??? Piers's "camp food" has to be tried to be believed!!! It really is that good. Wait for his BBQ......... Tell Piers his food comes "highly recomended" by Steve & Niall (from Careys last trip!!) The whole trip experience is to be looked forward to, wish I was doing it again!!!One life......... LIVE IT!!

Anonymous
Wed, 07/29/2009 - 19:44

Hi there,

We also are doing the 15 day Mont Blanc Circuit but with the hotel option - not sure if we will be hiking together but I thought I would join the chat and see if anyone else in this group is doing the TWO - hotel option.  We are coming over from Vancouver, Canada and are very much looking forward to the hike!

Lesley and Jim

Mon, 08/03/2009 - 10:43

Hello Lesley & Jim

Our trip is the camping option. We don't get the comfortable beds, but we do get the optional extra of collecting rocks from underneath our sleeping bags. If you see a sleepy looking Exodus group during the 2 weeks of your trip, it will probably be us. Have a good time.

Steve & Ann

Anonymous
Sun, 08/16/2009 - 10:53

Hello to everyone,

nice to meet everyone who is doing this trip, I'm Romana from London and probably the only one who doesn't do any exercise. Last time I could get away from work to the hills was March in Peak District, I hope I won't be holding you up. :) Looking forward to see you all! R.

Thu, 08/20/2009 - 09:39

Hi Romana and others. It's nice to see that for reasons of age, location, lack of training opportunities and weather conditions, we'll all be at the rear of the pack. See you all on Saturday.

You recently looked at