Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

sleeping bags

Anonymous
Tue, 05/19/2009 - 13:45

We are booked on Petra and Palmyra and the trip notes say take a sleeping bag for the overnight in Wadi Rum.  Is there any way to hire one locally for that one night since it seems a shame to take up precious luggage space for one night's requirements.  Will we even need it in September?  Will it not be still warm? 

Anonymous
Sat, 05/30/2009 - 20:55

We have just come back from this trip (May) and did need sleeping bags. Mattresses were provided and you could have two for extra comfort. Most people slept outside under the stars, others stayed inside the Bedouin tent.

Anonymous
Mon, 06/08/2009 - 13:57

I arrived back yesterday from a week in Jordan (AXW). I took a sleeping bag but didn't really need it. Anyway, matresses and blankets are provided.

Tue, 06/09/2009 - 10:22

Hello, as mentioned there are blankets and matresses available but I would still advise taking your own sleeping bag for comfort.  By September the evenings will start to cool slightly so I would expect that you would still need a blanket of some kind.

Anonymous
Tue, 06/09/2009 - 14:38

I forgot to mention, apparently it was hotter than usual for the time of year last week so perhaps it would be a good idea to take one, it's really not too much trouble. I took one along with plenty of light clothing and my luggage was still only just over 12 kg. Better to be safe than sorry.

You recently looked at