Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Kilimanjaro - Rongai Route

Anonymous
Wed, 04/29/2009 - 11:12

Hey,

Just joined and was wondering if anyone was going on this trip? Im travelling solo so would be great to hear from anyone going. Really looking forward to the climb and think it will be a great experience.

Hope to hear from anyone!!

Kate

Anonymous
Tue, 08/11/2009 - 11:31

I thought I would add a little extra to this in the hope that it would move it up the list and inspire some of my fellow crazy people to get in touch.!

I am now 3 weeks into my very intense 12 week fitness programme and my body is coping suprisingly well. I have still to sort my kit etc. out but I reckon I still have plenty of time.

As before I hope to hear from anyone!!

Kate

Anonymous
Mon, 08/24/2009 - 15:24

I have just paid the outstanding balence on my holiday so there is no turning back now! Fingers crossed I hear from some of you before the trip and if not good luck with the preparations and I will see you out there.

xkx

Anonymous
Sat, 09/12/2009 - 09:50

I'm doing this walk starting on October 27th on my own, gettinga bit worried now

Anonymous
Mon, 09/14/2009 - 08:34

Hi Mcppowe57,

I am a solo traveller aswell but i am sure everyone will be great. We are all in the same crazy situation so i am sure we will get on fine.

I am a bit worried that I am not fit enough or have the right kit but i guess we wont know till we are up there.

Hows your training going?

xkx

Anonymous
Mon, 09/14/2009 - 08:36

Oh just noticed i have the wrong date! Thats not a good start. My trip starts the 27th aswell.

xkx

Anonymous
Mon, 09/14/2009 - 22:34

Hi

Mu name is Mark Powell and I'm attempting this mountain has a tribute to my Mum who has recently passed away,(maybe too much for a 49 year old).  I have completed the UK Three Peaks twice this year but there is no amount of training that can prepare you for this challenge.  The  altitude will be the major test for all of us, so taking our time will be a major factor.

Anonymous
Fri, 10/09/2009 - 23:19

One of us will be 60 on the morning we summit.

The agregated age of us 4 (Tom, Jo Mel & Chris), is 216.

Worry not youngsters!!

Anonymous
Fri, 10/09/2009 - 23:22

I am now getting excited about the prospect of standing close to 20000 feet above sea level

Anonymous
Fri, 10/09/2009 - 23:48

We understand that there are 8 on this trip, we now know 6.

We're going for a walk tomorrow. will that help?

Oh, & a friend has lent us some kit.

Joking aside, Mel say's we have done some training, & Chris wants to now has anyone got a view on altitude drugs???

Anonymous
Fri, 10/16/2009 - 10:23

Just wondering if you have all received your bags. Mine arrived yesterday so i think i will be having a look at how everything will fit in it this weekend.

Hope everyones training is going well and that you are not picking up a different injury everyday like i seem to be.

xkx

Anonymous
Fri, 10/16/2009 - 20:42

Hi all

I received my bag yesterday too, don't worry about the training  too much because my Brother in Law did this route and the first three days is a walk in the park so he said, then the walk up to Mawenzi becomes difficult, but he also said that the final day is agony, he walked for fifteen hours on the final day and made the top and back down.  He claimed that as long as your mind is right then you should make it as long as the altitude don't get you.  He also said the slower you go the more chance you have of summiting.  I am really looking forward to meeting you all, and we will support each other to the top ok.

Anonymous
Sat, 10/17/2009 - 11:06

Hi everyone!

I saw your previous posts and thought I'd better send one of my own.

I'm really looking forward to starting the climb on 28th, and to meeting you all - I will also be going up solo. I've never done anything quite like this, so I don't know yet if the altitude will be a problem. I think the trick is to go up very slowly isn't it?

I hope your training is going well. I'm going to do some walking tomorrow on the South West Coast path - lots of hills!

See you soon,

Rob.

Anonymous
Sat, 10/17/2009 - 15:53

Hi Rob

Its good to hear that there are some more solo travellers on the trip.

Its not long now so starting to get excited and also slightly questioning what we have let ourselves in for but im sure we will have a great time when we get there.

xkx

Anonymous
Tue, 10/20/2009 - 19:52

So it is only a week to go and I thought as we have such a long time at the airport it might be nice to meet up rather than us all be sitting on the plane trying to work out who else is crazy enough to be doin this!

What do we all think?

xkx

Anonymous
Fri, 10/23/2009 - 22:08

Look forward to meeting you all on Tuesday

You recently looked at