Find your adventure

search-wrapper

HI

Anonymous
Mon, 04/27/2009 - 14:14

Thought I would start a thread on this one

Anonymous
Mon, 05/25/2009 - 08:00

We are 2 kiwis booked on this trip, anyone got any training tips.

Anonymous
Wed, 05/27/2009 - 17:38

Hi guys, two of us, one from Essex and one from Derbyshire, also booked on this, just ordered our sleeping mats, sleeping bags and jackets.

Anonymous
Tue, 06/02/2009 - 18:14

Hello

Myself and my friend, both from Manchester have booked on....looking forward.

Training tips....no idea.....we thought we might spend the summer climbing hills / mountains and generally getting fit in the outdoors....heres hoping the weather stays like this for it!!

Anonymous
Tue, 06/02/2009 - 20:06

I'm actually booked on the trip prior to yours (8 Aug) but no-one is really talking about it yet. I've picked up a few books at an outdoors store with some good tips. It all boils down to just having a good exercise regime and being in good shape. I've taken on a few 2000-3000 meter rockpiles in Bavaria/Austria as my training ground. Doing the old Ryanair to Munich or Innsbruck for the weekend and coming back on monday. (2 days off work). Not much other choices in East Anglia (the flattest part of the UK). Zugspitze in Germany a few times in prep (2900m).

Anonymous
Wed, 06/03/2009 - 09:40

Hi

Im coming from London and my mom will be joining us from South Africa. I have spoken to a few people who have climbed Kili and they just say that you need to get out there and walk as much as you can.

Anonymous
Wed, 06/03/2009 - 09:40

Hi

Im coming from London and my mom will be joining us from South Africa. I have spoken to a few people who have climbed Kili and they just say that you need to get out there and walk as much as you can.

Anonymous
Mon, 07/20/2009 - 19:13

Hi

I'm also booked onto this one- coming on my own- be nice to me!  Really looking forward to it now. Can't wait to meet you all. Helen

Anonymous
Fri, 07/24/2009 - 01:59

Thanks for the advise on training, yes it seems walking is the way to go.  Winter here so far has been very wet and cold, not enticing to get outdoors at all, but we just cloth up and get out regardless. Only 33 days now till we leave, flying via Melbourne (to visit our son & his lovely partner) Dubai and Nairobi. Likewise looking forward to meeting you all in Kilimanjaro on the 30th. Promise to be nice to eveyone!!!    Shirley and Warwick

You recently looked at