Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Nairobi - Kilimanjaro flight transfer worries

Anonymous
Mon, 04/06/2009 - 17:06

Hi, hope someone may read having been through a transfer from Nairobi / Kilimanjaro.

I cant help but notice there is only 90 minutes between landing and leaving which worries me a little as it doesnt leave much time. Do I advise them upon check in at heathrow that Kili is my final destination and rely on baggage handlers to transfer my luggage, OR, do I collect myself then check in again at Nairobi?

I kinda thinking the latter isnt possible due to the fact I would need to pass through passport control to get my own bags, which means visa.

But Im also a little worried about arriving in Kili without my luggage! I have transferred flights at Nairobi before ... and they have tried to bump my luggage to later flights on more than one occasion there!

Anyone have experience of doing this transfer?

And, if something does go missing, is there a plan or provision for getting delayed luggage to us before the hike up Kili begins?

Anonymous
Tue, 04/07/2009 - 15:32

The minimum connection time for an international flight with Kenyan Airways at Nairobi airport is 50 mins, so a connection time of 90mins is well within the allocated time. You will be advised upon check in on what the procedures are for bags in Nairobi as this does change, but I have usually been asked to identify my luggage and it is then put on the plane.

In the unlikely event of bags being delayed our local operator will assist with getting them to you as soon as possible, as they will check arriving flights for your luggage and prioritise getting it to you.

You recently looked at