Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Anyone travelling on the Kilimanjaro Rongai Route trip?

Anonymous
Mon, 03/23/2009 - 16:40

It would be good to contact anyone travelling on the Kili Trip - Did you see the Comic Relief Trek.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.........

Anonymous
Mon, 04/27/2009 - 14:01

Hi

Yes I did see the comic relief trek, it was great to see where we might be heading. I think they were on the Shira route.  

Have you got everything sorted? I'm still a little unsure on what to do with the visa's (weather to get it here or at Kilimanjaro airport). Exodus have told me to get it there. What are you going to do? 

Speak soon

Anonymous
Mon, 04/27/2009 - 16:13

Hello, I am not on your trip but did it in Feb. this year. Its easy to get your visa at Kili airport - just hand over your $50 note in the queue! Its a great trip with fairly easy walking. The longest day is from Mawenzi tarn campsite to Kibo Hut across the high desert called the 'Saddle' (Look out for the crashed Cessna which killed 4 Italian sightseers en route just to the right of your path) because at midnight you set off for Gilmans Point on the crater rim. Its very cold and your drinking tube will probably freeze! I got altitude sickness and only made it to Gilmans Pt, but 9 others went on to the summit. I have booked again to do the Shira route on 18th June this time to make 'Uhuru' Good-luck and have a great time.

Anonymous
Tue, 05/26/2009 - 22:09

It is getting closer, less than 3 weeks before we start. All the gear lies on the floor, maybe we have to decrease the amount we will take with us.

see you soon

Anonymous
Tue, 06/02/2009 - 21:44

Hi trekkers,

Getting close to the trip now. Can't wait to get started now!

Did the trial packing at the weekend. Way too much stuff to take so need to ration clothing down to selected items.

New to this adventure stuff - Any top packing tips for these types of trips from trekking veterens? 

Best wishes

Peter

You recently looked at