Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

general

Anonymous
Thu, 03/19/2009 - 18:00

Anybody I know going on the Emperor Penguin trip in Nov this year?

Anyone want to chat about this trip at all?

Anonymous
Sat, 06/06/2009 - 15:31

hello

I have booked this trip.  I have not been on a trip with Exodus before, but am looking forward to it apprehensively!  

Anonymous
Tue, 07/14/2009 - 17:32

It'll be my second trip to Antarctica, last time was in Feb 1999 aboard the then called Caledonian Star, the little blue ship, and it was great. Waited for a bad crossing of Drake's Passage and it was so calm both going and returning so this time I'm hoping it'll be a little rough?? Am sharing with 2 other people so I hope that neither of them are sea sick??? I'm really looking forward to it and have only one commission and that is to buy a pink penguin in Ushuaia!!! It's a lovely little town and this time I hope to get into the museum before they close.

Anonymous
Mon, 08/10/2009 - 21:15

Hi, I'm looking forward to this trip, only 3 months to go. It will be my 2nd trip to Antarctica. I did the antarctic circle quest on the Ioffe in January 2006. We got held up in a force 9 on Drakes, there were only 10 of us out of 100 who managed to digest a breakfast! I recommend the ear patches. I have just done a Spitsbergen trip on the Shokalskiy with the same company and can confirm that you get looked after really well. 2 of the expedition crew from that trip will be on the Klebnikov, great guys and they made this trip sound very exciting. Can't wait.

Anonymous
Thu, 08/27/2009 - 02:02

hi anybody booked on this trip from the uk???? would like to chat as im a single traveller and  would like to get to know someone that is going on this trip

cheers mark

Anonymous
Tue, 09/15/2009 - 20:23

Hi Mark, I'm from the UK & I live in Durham. Where are you from? I'm really looking forward to this trip. Any questions just ask.

Gloria

Anonymous
Wed, 09/16/2009 - 12:18

hi all

i booked onto this trip after a fantastic trip with Paul on the Arctic Svalbard photographic trip in July - that was an amazing experience and i'm hoping this will one will surpass it (which is going to be hard to do after our polar bear experiences). but looking forward to wearing all those layers again :-)

Saw on the quark website that they have cancelled the earlier of the two Oct trips and now we have the BBC film crew on board this trip filming a planet earth sequel - that should be amazing to see how they do all that incredible filmwork!!

trace

Anonymous
Wed, 09/23/2009 - 00:32

Hey everyone,

I'm on the November trip as well - really looking forward to it. First time to the Antarctic and second time with Exodus. They suckered me in by emailing me about the penguins just after I got back from their Indian tiger safari last year. The sneaky buggers!

Ian 

Anonymous
Wed, 09/23/2009 - 21:53

looking forward to this adventure as well.  Will be Ushuaia 1 Nov and looking to explore on 2nd.  If fellow travellers also staying at Albatross and would like to team up and share a day out let me know. 

Interested to hear from hardened Antarctic explorers what coverings (ie gloves) they used or wished they had had and how this affects use of cameras.  Sickness patches sound a good idea - o buy before leaving?

Any devon fellow travellers wish to get in touch?

Chris

Anonymous
Fri, 09/25/2009 - 05:08

hi i will be in ushuala early as well so would like to hook up so if anyone from the uk intrested please e.mail me on collectorboyz@blueyonder.co.uk  cheers mark

Anonymous
Fri, 10/30/2009 - 11:13

If anyone is arriving early for this trip I am already in Ushuaia and you can get me by e-mail duncan.boulton@gmail.com  Most of the hotels and hostals here have wifi or cable internet access.  Glat to meet up with any other travellers

Anonymous
Fri, 10/30/2009 - 12:02

In response to Duncan and Mark's posts have sent you both the same email reply.  See you in Ushuaia.

Chris

You recently looked at