Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Malaysia Encountered

Thu, 03/19/2009 - 17:53

Hi - is there anybody out there? I'm joining this trip (with my partner Steve) by land. Neither of us has been to Malaysia before, but Steve was briefly in Singapore last year on business. It looked great! so picking our next holiday was easy for once. Looking forward to great food and even better company (and some shopping opportunities ...?)

Cathy

Thu, 05/14/2009 - 19:35

Cathy, despite the lack of replies, there are 8 bookings on this tour and it's definetely going ahead. I will actually be in Malaysia at the same time, but not on this tour (tying up a few loose ends for my wedding there in October). My bride to be is Malaysian so I've been there plenty of times, but my first time was actually on an Exodus tour to Malaysian Borneo. It's a great country, with friendly people and great food. It's also a lot cheaper than Singapore you'll be pleased to hear! I'd be interested to hear what you think of Cameron Highlands when you get back, as my girlfriend is always trying to convince me to go there by saying it's cold (I guess it's considered a selling point when you live in 30 degree + temperatures!). It looks like you can expect the majority of your expenditure to fall at the start of the trip (Singapore, where a Singapore Sling will set you back $20) and when you're in KL. For retail therapy, the shopping centre in the Petronas Towers (KLCC) is worth checking out if you get time!

A lot of people don't stumble onto the forums until they see the final joining instructions, which are sent out 2-3 weeks prior to departure, so hopefully you'll get some replies from fellow travellers soon.

You recently looked at