Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Petra & Pyramids May 25-June 6

Anonymous
Thu, 02/19/2009 - 17:04

Hi,

It would be nice to get in touch with people that will be joining the trip to  Petra & Pyramids May 25- June . I am sure we will have a gorgeous time!!!

Please, get in touch if you are part of the group.

Best,

Samuel

Anonymous
Thu, 02/26/2009 - 09:44

Hi Samuel

I am on this trip too. Looking forward to it! When I booked, flights out on the 25th had gone up in price so I'm flying out the day before and spending a day in Amman. If anyone else finds themselves in this situation let me know as we could share visa costs and airport transfers.

Regards

Greg

Anonymous
Fri, 03/06/2009 - 20:48

Hi Greg,

I am leaving a day before as well for the same reason. We could share the taxi fare cost if you want to. I guess we will be staying in the same hotel.

I apologize for not replying earlier, but I have not been notified of your message.

Anyway, if you want to keep in touch, this is my e-mail address: samuel.rodriguez78@yahoo.com.

Btw, anybody going on this exciting trip is more than welcome to contact me.

We are going to have the time of our lives guys!!!

Best,

Samuel

Samuel Rodriguez

Anonymous
Thu, 04/30/2009 - 12:36

Sam

I was wondering whether you've booked your accommodation for the night before? Have you booked the same hotel with Exodus?  Also, were you thinking of booking a transfer with Exodus, or just getting a taxi from the airport?

Hopefully a few more of the group will notice this thread before we go!

Greg 

Anonymous
Wed, 05/13/2009 - 23:04

Hey guys, I am a bit of a last minute joiner and thought I would just say hi in the hope you were still keeping an eye on this thread.

Am really looking forward to this trip, will be great to see such amazing sites. I am flying with the group but look forward to meeting you both soon. 

Rich

Anonymous
Thu, 05/14/2009 - 11:46

Nice to hear from you Rich.  Hopefully a few others will follow suit before we leave.  I think there's about 10 of us altogether now.  Really looking forward to it now that it's only 10 days away!

Greg 

Anonymous
Sat, 05/16/2009 - 08:43

Hi Greg, 

Yeah, it sounds like it is going to be a truly awesome experience, has been a bit mad running around trying to get everything ready, trust me to always be late :)

I am just trying to work out how much of each currency to take, was thinking about a 2:3 split between JD and EGP with a back up of some USD. What are your thoughts?

Well best shoot and get a new memory card for my camera, something makes me feel I might need it.

See you in Jordan

Rich

Anonymous
Sat, 05/16/2009 - 11:41

Hi Rich

Think you're a little further ahead than me! Am doing a provisional pack this weekend to see if I'm missing anything, but I have got a couple of days off next week to pick up anything I need.  The 2:3 split sounds about right and I think USD are a good idea, as a backup and for baksheesh and tipping leaders.  Possibly also for any optional excursions.  I'v read on another forum that wet wipes are a good idea, especially if planning to float in the dead sea as the showers aren't great and it's a few hours until the next hotel!

Will be packing and budgeting for the next couple of hours...

Greg 

Anonymous
Tue, 05/19/2009 - 12:59

Hi all,

I'm joining you too and am looking forward to it.  I'm travelling on the group flight, less than a week to go now!

Kirsty

Anonymous
Tue, 05/19/2009 - 18:25

Hey Kirsty,

its great to have another one of us on here, less than a week to go :), its getting mad just trying to fit organising everything around work at the moment 

So far I have booked my currency and organised my paperwork, hoping to sort out the packing later tonight to make sure I have everything I need. So hard to work out exactly what I shall need to take, but hopefully I wont forget anything too important. 

I too am on the group flight so will probably see you in the departure lounge, I am aiming to get there a bit early so might be good to meet up for a coffee before the flight. 

See you at Heathrow

Rich

Anonymous
Wed, 05/20/2009 - 16:49

Hi Kirsty - good to hear from you.  Think I'm pretty much sorted now - got the last of my currency today.  May just need to pick up a padlock on Saturday if I can't find my key by then!

Think we'll be back at the hotel by the time the rest of you arrive to say hello...

Greg 

Anonymous
Thu, 05/21/2009 - 11:12

Hi Kirsty & Rich,

Nice to hear from you both. Only a few days to go now!!!

Greg and I will be on the Sunday flight, so we will see you in Jordan on the Monday.

Wish you all a great flight ... and don´t forget your sunscreen ... it is going to be boiling hot!!!

If you guys haven't watched the film Lawrence of Arabia ... definitely a must see before the trip.

See you soon.

Samuel Rodriguez

You recently looked at