Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Anyone booked on this trip or been on one similar before?

Anonymous
Sun, 02/15/2009 - 18:08

Just wanted to catch up with anyone who may be going on this trip...

Anonymous
Thu, 02/19/2009 - 17:14

hey there,

booked on the same trip, not been before but have been wanting to go to the Sahara for a long time, so very excited.

Lorrretta.

Anonymous
Thu, 02/19/2009 - 17:41

Hi Lorretta,

I am getting so excited. Have you bought all the equipment you will need, sleeping bag etc? I'm going out to do it this weekend. I think I am driving everyone at work crazy but I can't help it!!!

Roll on Sat 7th March....

Oh and thanks for posting, hopefully we will find out who else will be going. We should all be able to spot each other at the airport from our kit bags. I am waiting each day for it to arrive!!

Anonymous
Fri, 02/20/2009 - 16:12

hey Stolan, I've been wanting to go to the Sahara for ages so i'm getting excited too and certainly can't wait for the kit bag. Have got a few things ready although not much. A little first aid kit, my light weight walking shoes but I'm not sure whether to get any trekking sandals or not. Are you taking any? So same like you, I need to go shopping, and soon as its all coming round rather quickly. Its good to see a photo but unfortunately I am away from my normal home in Aus so I don't have the facilities to upload.
Any questions you want to share please type away and I'll do the same.
All the best, lorretta.

Anonymous
Sat, 02/21/2009 - 23:58

Hi I am booked on the trip in March.First trip with Exodus and first trip of this kind. Looking forward to it.

Anonymous
Sun, 02/22/2009 - 12:09

Hi Shiona,

Hope you are enjoying all the prep work for the trip it's going to be fab!

Love to hear from anyone else going on the trip....

Take it easy
SJ

Anonymous
Sun, 02/22/2009 - 12:18

Hi Lorretta,

I bought a pair of HiTec sandals they were less then £30 and they should fit in the bag so I thought it was worthwhile to have them just in case. I also bought a decent rucksack for use during the day and a waterproof jacket so things are coming together. Still haven't got a sleeping bag will get that in Yorkshire next week. Oh and got the recommended miners head light torch thingy for the evenings. I'm considering hiring waterproof trousers - might rain? although the weather is looking good from what I have seen on the net...still got tonnes of stuff to sort out but enjoying doing it all!!! SJ

Anonymous
Wed, 02/25/2009 - 22:23

Well you both sound much more organised than I am.I have dug my boots out; think I know which cupboard the sleeping bag is in and am banking on the torch being where I think I left it. I am sure it will all come together at the weekend.

Have yhou goit your kitbag then?

Anonymous
Wed, 02/25/2009 - 23:54

I still haven't got mine, I had thought because I signed up quite late that I might not get one but am surprised if you guys haven't had one either??

I will give them a call tomorrow to find out what is happening...

Getting really close now !!

Anonymous
Thu, 02/26/2009 - 20:11

Hiya,
Helen and Chad here - first time to Tunisia and really looking forward to it. We'll be joining Land Only in Djerba so we'll see you all in Tunisia.
Cheers.

Anonymous
Fri, 02/27/2009 - 18:53

Hiya Helen and Chad,

Looking forward to seeing you there. Hope you enjoy the other parts of your trip

All the best
SJ

Anonymous
Sat, 02/28/2009 - 08:40

I look forward to reading a couple of boods.Will be bringing an Ian Rankin (contrast rainy Edinburgh and the Sahara) and Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky which has been recommended. Anyone got any titles to share?

Anonymous
Fri, 03/06/2009 - 23:57

Hi Shiona,

I'm desperately trying to narrow down the number of books I'm taking to keep the weight down. Don't know about you but I can't believe how quickly this has all come about!

See you tomorrow!

SJ

You recently looked at