Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Hello

Anonymous
Wed, 02/11/2009 - 11:12

Hi! I'm Sarah, am off to Peru in April and wanted to get in contact with people who are coming as well.

My latest posts

Anonymous
Mon, 03/09/2009 - 14:46

Hi Sarah,

Not sure if this message went or not! - I'm Kerry, and my husband, Neill, we'll be on the same trip!  Not long to go now! - it's all getting a bit more 'real', we bought our jackets and fleeces at the weekend, still got a few more bits to buy, not sure what the weather will be, but I'm really looking forward to the trek!

Kerry

Anonymous
Sat, 03/14/2009 - 00:18

Good to hear from you. Getting really close now isn't it? Never done anything like this before but am looking forward to it. Have been told by some friends who have done it that it can be quite cold at the higher altitudes, and they suggested lots of warm layers, as well as shorts etc for in the towns. Are you travelling on the flight from Heathrow or are you making your own way there?

Sarah

Anonymous
Sat, 04/11/2009 - 08:09

Hi, I'm Karen and my friend Anne and I are joining you in Peru.  Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Karen

Anonymous
Wed, 04/15/2009 - 12:26

Hi, We bought our sleeping bags at the weekend, just reading the trip notes and I'm worrying about fitness levels! We joined the gym last year and have been on walks in Wales and the Peak District but I guess we won't know untill we get there!

two weeks to go, we'll be departing from Heathrow...

Kerry

Anonymous
Wed, 04/15/2009 - 14:27

Hi everyone that's on this forum so far.  I'm Helen and I'll be joining you all on the Inca Trail.  Can you believe that two weeks today, we'll be on our way there.....surreal!  I've never done anything like this before so don't really know what to expect, but I can't wait.  I'm going from Heathrow so will see those of you that are flying from there, at the airport!

Anonymous
Wed, 04/15/2009 - 14:53

Hi to all of you heading for the Inca Trail on 29th April.  I'm Jo and together with my partner Ray, will be joining up with you in Lima.  I think we are the only ones travelling from Bristol airport and so won't get to meet up until Lima - I think we get there a little earlier than the rest of the group.  Both really, really excited about the trip and looking forward to meeting everyone - sure it's going to be lots of fun.  Planning our last practice big walk this weekend and hoping we'll have enough huff and puff for the real thing!!

Anonymous
Fri, 04/17/2009 - 12:13

Hi, being new at this type of thing, what size of ruck sack is the norm to take for your day pack.  I've been to buy one and can't believe the choice!  I was thinking of about 30 litres.  Also, are you all taking your money in Soles or Dollars??  Thanks!

Helen

Anonymous
Mon, 04/20/2009 - 09:07

Hi Helen - if it helps, our day packs are 20/25 L's - thinking that we will be carrying waterproofs, extra fleece, about 2L water, camera and a few snacks etc.... there's probably other stuff we've not thought of!  Just going to the post office now to order some dollars and planning to get some local currency when we get there...though, thinking about it now, maybe arriving with some in Lima would be useful especially as we have to get a taxi to our hotel... Looking forward to meeting you.  Bye for now.... Jo

Anonymous
Mon, 04/20/2009 - 21:24

Hi Jo

Thank you for the advice.  I'm such a novice it's nice to know what other people are doing!  I shall get shopping over the next few days.  I can't believe it's only a week and a bit to go!  See you next week. Helen

Anonymous
Thu, 04/23/2009 - 03:27

I am leaving tomorrow for few days in Amsterdam and then down to Lima on 26 April, where I'm meeting up with my friend Anne.  We will search out the goods in Lima so we'll be able to lead the crew when we all have a day or so there!  I'm still a little worried about my abilities to do this trek, but looking forward to the challenge and the view!

Karen

Anonymous
Thu, 04/23/2009 - 16:38

Great to hear from so many of you. Am looking forward to meeting you all. Less than a week to go...am really excited!

Sarah  x

Anonymous
Tue, 04/28/2009 - 19:52

We're packed, been for a beer, cooking last supper, early night and a 6.15 flight.  See you all in Lima.  We'll hopefully wait up to meet you guys but will be full of alcohol.

Looking forward to a fantastic few days.

Ray & Jo

You recently looked at