Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Chitwan safari extension to Annapurna sanctuary

Anonymous
Sun, 02/08/2009 - 13:57

My husband and I (!!) are going on the Annapurna sanctuary trip in October.  I wonder if anyone has been on the safari extension and could recommend it?  I've googled it and have read very mixed reviews from people who have done a safari in this area independently, no feedback as yet from exodus customers.  Would love to hear from anyone who has done this trip.  Amanda

Tue, 02/10/2009 - 08:11

Hi. We did the Chitwan extension in '07 after doing the Gokyo and Everest trek. Unfortunately, Exodus no longer run this trip, so my review which mentioned Chitwan is no longer available. But....we found the extension the perfect relaxed end to the holiday. The lodge was excellent, as was the food available there. Whilst there, we had an elephant back safari, jungle walks, a boat trip and an ox cart ride through the local villages. Saw all the expected animals except the elusive tiger! Great general sightseeing and introduction to the local culture. The only thing you need to check at present is the FCO advice on travelling to this area as there has been some civil unrest recently. However, if it was dangerous, I am sure Exodus would not be offering the trip.

Tue, 02/10/2009 - 12:03

I went there last year with Exodus, althought it was not the extension but part of the Annapurna Trails and Chitwan trip. We stayed at the Green Mansions lodge. The accomodation and food (buffet style) were great, a nice treat compared to the trek lodges! The wildlife viewing was also enjoyable, we had a good guide. We saw rhino, crocodiles, gharial, deer, bushpigs and various birds.

Cheers

Jon

You recently looked at