Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Annapurna Cicuit

Anonymous
Sat, 01/31/2009 - 08:36

Hi my wife and i are interested in doing the Annapurna circuit. However the wife is not very confident going over the bridges. She is no whimp having Climbed Kili, mount Toubkal, inca trail, and numerous trips to the lake district in the last 3 years.  We did manage to persuade her to do Go Ape a couple of years ago and she coped quite well, but did get a little spooked last summer on the mont blanc circuit, crossing a suspension trip.

Mon, 02/02/2009 - 08:38

Hi. We trekked in Nepal in 2007 (Gokyo & Everest) and found the suspension bridges, although high and tending to sway a little, very safe. The old wooden bridges have been replaced with steel construction, have side rails and a good textured surface underfoot. The only problem we encountered was when yaks decided they had right of way!

Sat, 02/07/2009 - 11:21

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the post. I'd agree with what Steve has said here. I've been out and trekked in the region. The old wooden bridges have been replaced by sturdy constructions with steel and concrete foundations. They are made of wood underneath and there are very small gaps between the planks you can see through. Just look straight ahead and go for it! They are wider than they used to be as well, two yaks wide on average. It's an amazing trip with jaw dropping moutain views so I'd thoroughly recommend it.

Wed, 04/08/2009 - 09:05

Added info-just come back from the Annapurna Circuit. Main bridges throughout are very safe-all steel and concrete, with steel underfoot. The time we trekked (March, pre monsoon) uses some (but not many) wooden bridges, but they are small, low and perfectly stable. If you read the trip notes you will find that the post monsoon season it is generally steel bridges. My advice is do it as soon as you can. It is a stunning trek, with great scenery and a great insight into rural life in Nepal.

You recently looked at