Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Chile & Argentina AAC910 7th March

Anonymous
Thu, 01/15/2009 - 19:23

Who's on the Chile and Argentina Adventure AAC910 departing 7/3/09? it'd be great to hear from you!

Anonymous
Sat, 02/21/2009 - 11:11

Hi Carol
My partner Dave and I will be joining you on this trip. It's Dave's first trip with Exodus and his first time in S America although he has done quite a bit of independent travel. I was on the Exodus trip to Peru with my son a couple of years ago and loved it :-)
We are both really looking forward to this trip - 2 weeks to go and the tickets arrived this morning. ....hurrah. Need to find some way of passing the time at Buenos Aires airport on the return journey tho'!!!!!
We are 49 and 48 but fit and quite adventurous, easy going and easy to get along with (hopefully!) ha ha.
What travelling have you already done and have you been with Exodus/to S America?
Would be good to hear from you, Kind Regards Marj & Dave

Anonymous
Sat, 02/21/2009 - 19:44

This will be my first trip with exodus and to S America...can't wait!
Only 13 days (almost12!!) to go for me...I'm flying from the Isle of Man to London on the Friday.
How are you getting on with the packing? I was wondering why my sleeping bag and warm clothes take up so much room??? I'll never get it all in my pack!! Maybe I'm over doing it....?

Anonymous
Sun, 02/22/2009 - 18:30

Hi to Carol, Marj and Dave - fellow adventurers, my name is Pat, also first time to Sth America, it just had to be Patagonia region first!
Getting very excited now as we are in "countdown" mode and keep looking at the tickets for a realty check, looking forward to meeting you, camping and overlanding with you through some spectacular scenary.
Good luck with your packing, Pat.

Anonymous
Mon, 02/23/2009 - 13:57

Hi Pat...nice to hear from you!
Hi Marj & Dave
I got my tickets too !!!!! Just makes it so real!!Yippee!!!
When are you all arriving in London?
I imagine I'll be the only one there a day before?
Carol

Anonymous
Mon, 02/23/2009 - 19:11

Hi everyone, My husband Graeme and I will be joining you on the trip. We have been on a number of Exodus holidays, but not to South America, and not camping, so you'll have to show us the ropes. We are flying out to Buenos Aires three days before to have a look at the city. We are both retired so have plenty of time. Look forward to meeting you all on 8 March. Julia White

Anonymous
Mon, 03/02/2009 - 13:50

Ha! Ha! Haven't put a tent up for donkeys years! Should be funny!
See you all soon!

Anonymous
Mon, 03/02/2009 - 19:44

Hi Everyone, It's great to hear from you all. We are getting really excited about this trip now, we have been watching Patagonia on High Altitude this evening and it looks amazing! Dave is squeezing things in his rucksack as I write this and you are right Carol, once the sleeping bag is in there's not much room for anything else! Wonder if we'll get any opportunity for washing our smalls! :-) Perhaps we can wash them and then tie them to our rucksacks to dry while we're trekking ..hehe If you haven't booked your accommodation for Friday eve Carol you are very welcome to stay with us for the night - we are in Horsham, not too far on the train from London. Let us know if you'd like to. Look forward to meeting everyone on Saturday. Marj & Dave

Anonymous
Mon, 03/02/2009 - 19:49

..and Dave says, close to Gatwick if that's where you are flying in to, Marj

Anonymous
Tue, 03/03/2009 - 13:58

Thats so nice of you, but I have booked already. I'll be at Southbourne Guesthouse.
Sorry to say Marj, but I think our smalls will freeze not dry whilst hiking! Hope I'm wrong, but I think we might all get a bit dirty and smelly!!
Dave...I've tried using the Exodus kit bag for packing and I must admit...though it looks small I was amazed at how much rooms left after putting sleeping bag and mat in! I will also be wearing the heaviest and bulkiest things including walking boots to travel in. BET I ROAST TO DEATH!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Thu, 03/05/2009 - 18:03

Still can't believe it! Last day at work and tommorrow I'm flying to London! I'm feeling pretty smug bout my luggage...after shoving everything in with brut force + ignorance it weighs 13 kgs!!! Anyone up for meeting at the airport Saturday? If so when and where?

Anonymous
Thu, 03/05/2009 - 18:49

hi carol,

Some say I have a passing resemblance to Darwin! anyway I'm off to check out the exhibition first and see if I can grow a bushy beard. See some of you Saturday afternoon!

Iain Black

Anonymous
Thu, 03/05/2009 - 21:22

Hi Carol (and all), we are not sure what time we will be arriving at the airport, but when we do we will look out for you in your hiking boots and heavy clothes haha.  Looking forward to meeting everyone and starting our adventure.  Bye for Now, Marj & Dave

Anonymous
Fri, 03/06/2009 - 07:37

Yes of course your right, we don't need arrangements .... I'll stick out like a sore thumb!! As will Darwin ....sorry Iain, although I imagine yr beard hasn't grown that much since last night! Well I'll see you all soon,I'm just going to check my flights out and have a last minute check of the luggage!

You recently looked at