Kilimanjaro & Safari 11 Jan 09

Anonymous
Tue, 11/25/2008 - 09:12

Hi

Is anyone out there going on this trip?

Michelle

Anonymous
Fri, 12/12/2008 - 17:15

Hi Michelle, yes i will be going, how is the training coming along? not long now

andy 

Anonymous
Fri, 12/12/2008 - 20:46

Hi Andy

Nice to to make contact with someone. Training - I've been going to the gym regularly and have done some walking but there are no hills in my area which isn't ideal! How about you? I've done a few treks before but nothing at altitude which is the bit that concerns me.

The trip suddenly feels very real!

Michelle

Tue, 12/16/2008 - 09:50

Hello Guys, not on your trip but getting ready for the Annapurna Circuit in March. You may wish to look at the Destinations-Asia-Altitude Sickness comments in Compass Cafe. We did the Kili/Safari trip in 2005-you are in for a treat!

Anonymous
Tue, 01/06/2009 - 22:05

Hi Guys,

We are joining the party on the 11th and feeling a tad apprehensive about altitude and the joy of summit day ! Training wise my brother and I did the Kerry Way and the Reeks in September and have clambered up the odd Munro since, but we need to overcome the excesses of the Festive season pdq. Looking forward to teh challenge and meeting everyone. 

Cheers 

Neil

Anonymous
Wed, 01/07/2009 - 18:19

Hi Neil

Nice to see you on the forum. I can't believe we leave in 4 days! Know what you mean about getting over the Christmas excesses. I braved the cold (figured I need to get used to it!) and went for a 3 hour walk this afternoon to stretch the legs.

Look forward to meeting you.

Michelle

Anonymous
Sat, 01/10/2009 - 17:59

Hi Michelle,

Can't beleive that we are just about there.  Like you I had a 3 hour stretch on the forest trails today to give the legs a warm up. It is however absolutely sheeting horizontal rain up here on the West of Scotland so got a good soak and now off to start me packing.

See you all soon. 

Regards 

Neil

You recently looked at