Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

What sort of Luggage?

Anonymous
Sat, 10/25/2008 - 20:59

I'm starting to put together a wish list of kit for the Kenya-Tanzania Adventure and I've come up with my first dillema !

My first thought was one of those big old kit bags - just like a big sack with a draw string at one end, but I wonder how manageable one would be.  My next thought was a rucksack, but also wanted to carry a camera backpack (as I only have one back, I think this may also be impractical).

So I wondered what most people took on this type of trip and what worked best with the vehicle and so forth.

Any advice most welcome

Paul

My latest posts

Anonymous
Tue, 10/28/2008 - 15:28

Hi Paul

On the truck every person has their own locker, and what people normally do is unpack their kit from their bag, putting the bag at the bottom of the locker. This means that the kitbag style is best as then it can be folded in, the problem with rucksacks is they can be more rigid and therefore not fit in the locker. This will also help with your one back problem, I think a camera back pack is a very good idea to keep all your kit together and safe as this is a more rugged trip and camera equipment can get dusty.

The disadvantage of kitbags is that they can be more difficult to carry but as you are being met at the airport you won't have to carry it too far.

I hope this helps!

Regards
Karen

Anonymous
Wed, 10/29/2008 - 21:58

Cool - Thanks Karen.  Kitbag added to my growing christmas list !!

Anonymous
Wed, 07/08/2009 - 17:03

We are also thinking about what kind of bags to take.  Can anyone let us know how big the lockers are?

Cathy

You recently looked at