Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Base Camp

Anonymous
Sun, 10/05/2008 - 19:59

Hi,  Looking forward to my trip!!!!  Anyone else on this trip?  Must be - only 3 spaces left :)

Get in touch.....

Scott

Anonymous
Wed, 01/21/2009 - 17:26

Hi Scott
Not on your trip, but on the next one leaving on March 15th!

How's the training going? Have you done anything like this before?

Chrissy

Anonymous
Wed, 01/21/2009 - 22:36

Woo hoo a reply!! :) Ok not on my trip but good to hear from you!
Training was going ok until December. That was a write off due to injury and illness (manflu) Back at it now though, so all good.
Never attempted this type of thing at all. Scottish munros are about it. (My photo is at the summit of the UK) How do you know if you are fit enough? :) You think you are ready? Any training tips?
Scott

Anonymous
Thu, 01/22/2009 - 15:05

Scott
Ive only done one trip at altitude before and that was Kili 2 years ago, I found it very hard, but the most amazing thing Ive ever done, and out of 15 of us, only 4 of us made it to the summit, (me & my mate included!).

I'm doubting my own fitness at the moment too, but I think the main thing is to go really slowly on the trek, even when it feels easy, drink loads of water, take tonnes of photos & enjoy every second of it!! Its seems on this trip that we have much more time to get used to the altitude, although its a very high start from Lukla (over 9000ft).

Good luck Scott, will wave to you on the way up!!

Chrissy

Anonymous
Sun, 01/25/2009 - 13:27

A friend of mine has just forwarded photo's of her trip up Kili. Looks awesome!! Great achievement, especially being 4/15 on your trip.
Thanks for the advice. I will take all advice that will get me to the end of the trek :)
I leave 6 weeks today. It can't come quick enough!
The fitness is coming along - I just hope its enough :)
Happy Sunday

Scott

Anonymous
Mon, 02/09/2009 - 22:31

... but I'm on the 15th March departure too. I've trekked up to 4600m so this'll be a bit more of a stretch.

Anonymous
Mon, 02/09/2009 - 23:02

... but I'm on the 15th March departure too. I've trekked up to 4600m so this'll be a bit more of a stretch.

Anonymous
Tue, 02/10/2009 - 07:57

Hi Philip

Me & my mate Debbie are on your trip on the 15th. Not long now, hows the training coming on?

Anonymous
Tue, 02/10/2009 - 18:59

Hi Chrissy,

Well usually I rely on my natural fitness :) :) But I thought I better do a little bit of work for this trip, so I've doubled my visits to the pool (easy) and started doing a bit of running (less easy) - In fact I'm just back form one now. But I think its quite easy to think yourself into a "just push it a bit" mindset when training which is not a helpful attitude when it comes to dealing with altitude.

Right I'm off for a shower now - I'm sure you didn't need to know that ... :)

Anonymous
Fri, 02/13/2009 - 21:32

Hi Philip, Just a tad too much info!!! I spoke to Exodus today and apparently there are 9 people booked on our trip and 1 who is just deciding! Are you going with anyone?

Is there anyone else out there going on the 15th?

Anonymous
Sat, 02/14/2009 - 12:56

Chrissy, - I'm on my own. 9 sounds like a nice number and it would be nice to hear from anyone else out there on the trip. I am however feeling a little guilty about hijacking Scott Wilson's original thread which was for the departure on the 8th!

Phil Cope

Anonymous
Sat, 02/14/2009 - 20:38

Hi Philip, don't you worry about hijacking the thread - no one was using it anyway!! :) lol Hopefully we can share our experiences in the arrivals lounge after our trips. All good ones I hope!!!

Anonymous
Fri, 02/20/2009 - 13:08

Hi Scott,

You are not alone. I have been training in the peak district with short walks up the steepest slopes i can find.

I've climbed Kili and done various trips in Europe. It sounds like the trek is straightforward apart from the altitude. Just need to go slowly and drink.

See you soon. Paul

Anonymous
Sun, 02/22/2009 - 21:10

Hi Paul. Glad to hear the training is going well. Got my kitbag last week and just finished my last shopping trip so I'm good to go!!! My first trip of this type so I am really hyped. Take care and I'll see you in a fortnight

Scott

Anonymous
Thu, 03/05/2009 - 18:24

Hi Scott

All packed and ready?  Hope you all have a great time, look forward to comparing notes in the arrivals lounge.

Take care

Chrissy

Anonymous
Thu, 03/05/2009 - 22:43

Hi Chrissy!  Packed and ready to go?  Hell no!!!  :)  Last minute dot com kinda guy I'm afraid :)  Just back from a nights rock climbing - just in case I get a chance to go to the top!!!  :)  lol

Hope you and Debbie enjoy your trip and like you say - looking forward to comparing notes, stories etc in the arrivals lounge!  3 sleeps to go!!!!!!  :)))  Enjoy yours   Cheers     Scott!  :)

You recently looked at