Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Kathmandu Solo

Anonymous
Thu, 09/04/2008 - 18:13

Any solo female travelers been to Kathmandu?  Any problems?  A little freaked out after reading the U.S. State Dept.'s warning.  Going to stay in the hotel that Exodus uses, prior to and after the Bhutan trip solo.  Will I be safe?

Anonymous
Mon, 10/06/2008 - 15:11

Hi, I'm going on the Delhi to kathmando trip and will be staying on in Kathmandu at the end before travellinf Nepal and India further. I leave tenth of oct and finish in Kathmandu about 24th or 25th oct but doubt you will still be there. Any useful tips on where to stay/ go in nepal would be really helpful.

Thanks jo 

Mon, 10/20/2008 - 17:29

In response to Jeannieo's query, you will feel perfectly safe whilst staying at the hotel in Kathmandu. Exodus has used this hotel for our groups for many years and the staff are helpful and always at hand if you need directions etc. It is also centrally located and there is a taxi rank outside. Kathmandu itself is safe during the day whilst visiting attractions on the main tourist trail. As with any city, at night it is always best to go out accompanied.

Emma - Asia Product & Operations Manager

Anonymous
Mon, 11/03/2008 - 17:35

Hi, I stayed in Kathmandu with Exodus 2 years ago & never felt in any danger. I generally went around with my room mate or a small group & found the locals very friendly. I found it easy enough to walk to Thamel district but taxis are very good value & a great way to get out to see some of the sights out of town. We arranged a taxi between 3 of us for a whole day of sightseeing from the hotel. You can barter the price with the driver. The driver was like our own personal chauffeur & I'd recommend this as a safe way to get around.

You recently looked at