Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Camping in Wadi Rum

Anonymous
Thu, 08/21/2008 - 19:24

On this trip we will be spending a night camping in Wadi Rum and the trip notes indicate that we should bring a sleeping bag but do not mention mats or mattresses. Are these provided on this Exodus trip or do we just dig a hole for our hips?

Tony 

Sat, 08/23/2008 - 15:34

I camped a night in the the Wadi Rum on our 'A Week In Jordan' tour in October 2001 and I imagine you'll be camping in much the same style as my group did. You are camping on soft sand, which makes mats and mattresses unnecessary on the whole. It was actually so warm at night, that I ended up sleeping on top of the sleeping bag rather than in it - but I appreciate this isn't always the case as it does tend to get cold at night in the desert. If your group is anything like mine was, you'll be up fairly late sat around a big camp fire - eating, drinking and passing around the "hubble bubble" sheesa pipe, before finally going to your tent and getting a few hours sleep. 

If a sleeping mat or mattress was necessary it would definetely be mentioned in the trip notes. 

Have a great trip - and take wet wipes for the Dead Sea - the showers provided at the beach tend to have almost no pressure (or no hot water) so you may find yourself still feeling dirty/oily even after a long shower.

You recently looked at