Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Kilimanjaro - 19th June

Anonymous
Thu, 05/29/2008 - 20:07

Hi - anyone out there climbing Kilimanjaro on the trip departing on 19th June?  Thought I'd say hi to any fellow travellers using this forum!

Debbie, 34 Maidenhead

Anonymous
Fri, 05/30/2008 - 09:40

Hi Debbie, I'm doing Kilimanjaro departing on 19th June as well.  I have no idea if I am well enough prepared or fit enough. How about you?

Anonymous
Fri, 05/30/2008 - 12:54

Hi Amanda.  I'm not sure either - hoping i will be fine. I've been doing a fair bit of walking recently as I am training for a 100k walk in July but have no idea how the altitude will affect things!  Only just realised I needed jabs (so preparation is a bit shambolic obviously!) and am having them this afternoon.

Anonymous
Mon, 06/09/2008 - 14:22

Hi.  I'm intended to do more preparation, but did one of those silly overkill sessions in the gym and pulled a muscle in my leg a few weeks ago.  may brave the gym today.  I don't think fitness is all that critical.  At least I hope so

My problem is deciding on antimalarials or not and mosquito net or not.  The horrible beasts always  seem to love me!  I think I'm going to risk it without antimalarials.

Look forward to meeting you in 10 days

Rafik

Anonymous
Tue, 06/10/2008 - 11:18

hi, am i being really disorganised and got the date wrong? is the departure the 19th or 20th? thought it was Friday 20th?

not taking anti malarials either...gonna risk it.

Anonymous
Wed, 06/11/2008 - 09:32

Hi Talal,

Departure from London is the 19th (at least I hope so) but the flight arrives on the 20th so if you are meeting the group in Tanzania then departure is the 20th.

I decided to opt for the anti malarials not knowing how expensive they were! 

See you soon!

Debbie

Anonymous
Thu, 06/12/2008 - 14:21

yeah, they are really expensive and the yellow fever! i am flying out from London too but my itinerary says the flight leaves Heathrow on 20/6/2008 at 20 00, arriving Kilimanjaro on Saturday?

might give them a ring to check!

Anonymous
Thu, 06/12/2008 - 14:27

sorry, i am being an idiot. ignore what i said. I think i'm on a different route (Rongai) instead of Shira. good luck anyway!

You recently looked at