Lycian Activity Week - Departing 30th June

Anonymous
Sat, 05/24/2008 - 19:01

Hi, anyone else going on this trip?

Darren 

My latest posts

Anonymous
Thu, 05/29/2008 - 20:51

Hi Darren, yes mate, me (jonny) and my mate Paul are coming - do you know if the trip's booked up ? more the better i say ... we're coming over from jersey on the saturday to see a few freinds, you be about around heathrow to catch up for a beer ?

what's everyone else doing ????

Anonymous
Fri, 05/30/2008 - 07:52

Hey there Darren, should be a great trip, going on what others that have done this trip have said. I hope for Jons sake it's not that hard. He's fond of beer and ciggies so he's possibly gonna be the one we have to wait for. 

The whole week looks really good and varied eh, kayaking and mountain biking in the same week looks awesome and only around a month to go.........

You done anything like this before??

Paul 

Anonymous
Sat, 05/31/2008 - 13:23

Hi Jonny and Paul, I'm really looking forward to it was a toss up between this trip and the one to Slovenia and the reviews swung it for me. Not sure of the numbers at a guess I'd say between 8 and 11 as the websites not yet showing the number of places left, but I agree the more the better.

I've not been on a holiday like this before, I've kayaked for a few years in my early teens but nothing recently, so don't expect miracles there.

I'm flying from Gatwick, but I can always meet up for a beer on Sunday night if you've got nothing better planned, the two airports aren't that far apart. 

Darren 

Anonymous
Sun, 06/01/2008 - 18:16

Hey again Darren, 

For some strange reason we thought  it was flying out of Heathrow. We're flying into Gatwick on the Saturday morning and staying on a mates floor for the Saturday evening, but are looking into getting a hotel near to the airport for the Sunday night so as not to miss the flight on Monday morning.

Happy days, we should definitely meet up for beer on the Sunday night. When we know where we are staying we'll let you know and try and hook up.

Where bouts do you live in the UK?

The whole week does sound like a good trip, i did quite a bit of kayaking in New Zealand over the new year and am pretty keen on cycling/ swimming over here, i think the killer will be the heat mostly but with 4 weeks to go i can't wait

All the best and see you soon

Paul 

Anonymous
Wed, 06/04/2008 - 20:51

Hi Paul

The time is certainly flying by, but this trip still seems ages away. I've booked a room at the Gatwick Travelodge for the Sunday Night, it was fairly cheap and convenient as it included parking.

I live in Somerset, it's nice if a bit dull, the best bit is most of the tourist pass straight through on to Devon and Cornwall, so they don't clutter the place in the summer.

I'm a bit worried about the heat it can really sap your energy, but at least its not as hot as July/August. I bought a hydration bladder for my daypack, the theory is it will stop me dehydrating and keep my energy up, but I'll see in time.

I bet your trip to New Zealand was amazing, thats another of those place I'd love to go to.

Darren

Anonymous
Wed, 06/11/2008 - 08:02

The temperature in Turkey? 34 degrees....... nice.

Seen the other day that the dates that we are booked on have been removed from the site, got a little bit worried and emailed Exodus, they said that it had been removed as it was fully booked. Good news there then.

We are both from Jersey, where the only things to do in the winter is drink and eat. Summer isn't so bad as there is loads of decent cycle routes on/ off road to keep us (sometimes) out of the pub.

I've booked into the Premier Inn on the north side of the airport, which i think is only a couple of miles from your hotel. Do you want to hook up at our hotel, we come down to yours, or meet in the airport for a drink the Sunday?

Yeah, New Zealand............ mental...... miss the place

Paul  

Anonymous
Wed, 06/11/2008 - 23:38

As I'll have my car with me it's probably easier for me to meet you at your Hotel.

I noticed the dates were removed sometime last week, I thought it was a bit strange as the status hadn't changed in months. The more the merrier as they say should be good.

34 degrees, a bit hotter than I'd like, it should be fine during the water based activities but the cycling and walking could be hard work.

Here's my email address it will make it easier to arrange meeting up on the Sunday night. 

darren.thomas18 at btinternet.com 

Darren

You recently looked at