Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

Cape Town and the Winelands

Fri, 05/23/2008 - 13:58

This holiday to Cape Town was excellent as is usual with Exodus. Where do they find such superb guides?

However, my experience with the Exodus office was the opposite. Our flight was changed from a direct one back from Cape Town, to one via Johannesburg. The connection time in Johannesburg seemed very short. I telephoned the Exodus office, and spoke to someone who was less than helpful. I explained that Johannesburg had a reputation for delays in changing aircraft, and that luggage had a tendency to be stolen. I asked to have the original flight restored. This was refused.

Sure enough, when we returned, the time allowed to change aircraft was insufficient. We caught the aircraft to Heathrow only because that was an hour late, and a Customs man went out of his way to contact SAA about the problem on our behalf. On our arrival at Heathrow we found South African Airways had indeed lost our luggage.

To add insult to injury another person on our party had his flight changed to a direct one on payment of a £10 supplement without any problem.

On our return in late March I complained to Exodus by e-mail, and received a reply saying that SAA had assured them that the time allowed was sufficient. (The reply didn't address the fact that their staff had been unhelpful).

Take this as a warning, if you have your flight changed to go via Johannesburg instead of direct, and speak to someone at Exodus who's less than helpful, don't accept it, be more forceful than I was.

I find it sad that having complained about the change of plans, I haven't been asked to comment specifically on the holiday on this web site. I wonder why.

You recently looked at