Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Imperial China & Yangtze River Cruise (ACE)

Anonymous
Sat, 04/05/2008 - 14:51

Just got back from an excellent trip. Seeing the Great Wall and the Terracotta Warriors was something else, I'd particularly recommend the water show 'Impressions' in Yangshuo. It has a cast of 600 people on stage of 10 acres - it has to be seen to be believed!

The overnight trains were a good opportunity to catch up on getting to know the group, writing up journals or just reading. A word of caution though: There can be some long walks to the train station from where the bus drops you off and there are lots of steps, make sure that your luggage is something that you can transport like a backpack or suitcase with wheels. I wouldn't recommend a duffel or tote bag from experience!

My latest posts

Anonymous

Glad you enjoyed your holiday.  The water show does sound fantastic, I will have to look in to seeing it.

I am off on this trip in October with my partner and am counting the days down already! We're trying to learn some Mandarin before we set off.

How did you find the river cruise? and Emei Shan peak?

Anonymous

You will love this trip, we went as a family (kids 16 & 18) and loved every minute. Thank goodness for the tour guide, Wendy as this is not something you would manage on you own. Too many highlights to choose just one, but the Yangtze cruise was brilliant and a time to catch your breathe and enjoy the scenery. The Li River trip and evening cormorant fisherman were amazing along with the Forbidden City. Cycling in the countryside is great fun and the hike up Moon Hill pretty strenuous but great views once you get there. Good advice given re. being able to carry your luggage - lots of steps to carry them up and down. Just go open minded to enjoy the sights and sounds of this fantastic country and this will eclipse the primitve loo conditions!! Take  plenty of handwash:) Enjoy the experience and take plenty of photo to capture the memories.

Anonymous
Sat, 05/16/2009 - 18:38

I was on a trip esarlier in the year which covers some of the same ground (Highlights of China, possibly ?)

The Great Wall and the Terracotta Warriers were amazing. I enjoyed the water show too, Yangshuo is a nice place to chill, and we enjoyed the Li River trip and the cycling.

Luckily, my usual bag for Exodus trips has backpack-style straps, definitely a point well-made !

And Wendy was fantastic ! 

Anonymous
Sat, 07/04/2009 - 16:17

Interesting to read these reviews...Im on this forum due to a Kilimanjaro trip in October, but Im actually going to live and work in Yangshuo in december so nice to see it given the thumbs up!

You recently looked at