Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Discover Ethiopia

Anonymous
Tue, 01/01/2008 - 17:39

I am thinking of booking the Discover Ethiopia holiday for Oct 2008.  I will be a single woman travelling on my own but am fit and used to travelling alone, but have never been to Africa.  Does anyone who has been to Ethiopia have any advice on the holiday and how I would find it travelling alone.

Anonymous
Thu, 01/10/2008 - 17:00

Hi Gillian, the great thing about travelling as part of an Exodus group is that you are not travelling alone. A local leader will be with you throughout the trip, as well as drivers and assistants when required. Ethiopia is still opening up to tourism and you, as a traveller, do need to have a sense of adventure, flexibility and sensitivity to local customs but it is a fascinating place with a unique culture, history and some extraordinary scenery - I would certainly recommend experiencing what this country has to offer.
I hope this helps in answering your query.
Lesley (Africa Product, Exodus)

Anonymous
Sun, 01/13/2008 - 23:07

I recently travelled with Exodus to Kenya as a woman on my own.  This was during the civil unrest that followed the presidential elections.  I felt completely safe throughout the trip largely due to the excellent trip leader.  I am just making my final decision about which African country I will go to next.  Book it!

Anonymous
Sun, 03/30/2008 - 18:49

I did Discover Ethiopia last year, and LOVED it. There was a new highlight every day. No problems about going on your own. Lots of our group did. Do go for the Meskal departure. The festival is really magic.

You recently looked at