Meet fellow travellers to Cuba

Mon, 10/28/2013 - 20:24

Is there anyone out there going on this tour?

Fri, 11/01/2013 - 09:35

Hi, I'm going too. Booked a couple of months ago, and can't wait. I've been reading Hemingway and Our Man in Havana. And watched the two Che films.

Fri, 11/01/2013 - 17:32

Dear Eilis

Thanks for your reply, look forward to meeting you.

Fred Crooks

I'm Jenny.

I'm travelling from Manchester and land an hour before everyone else. Apparently I will have a separate lift so will probably meet you at the hotel. I've been to Central America before but have never been to Cuba which sounds absolutely unique and fascinating. What did you think of"Our man in Havana" Eiles ? Would you recommend it? Jenny

Mon, 11/04/2013 - 08:19

Hi Jenny

The book is a lot easier to read than I thought it would be, and quite funny. It's a good read and I'd recommend it. It definitely got me in the mood for the holiday. Look forward to meeting you.

Eiles

Mon, 11/04/2013 - 16:14

Thanks Eiles, I shall get hold of a copy. I've always enjoyed having some reading about the country when I  on holiday! Not long now ! Jenny

Tue, 11/05/2013 - 18:15

Sorry guys, I have got confused, I am on the  Taste of Cuba, which is one week rather than two and arrives on the same day! We may never meet, but I hope you have a fabulous holiday , Jenny

Tue, 11/05/2013 - 21:42

Well, I'm on a flight out of Gatwick at 11.30, so we might meet, but I hope you have a good time anyway. Let us know how your holiday went. It's on another forum somewhere on this website. Eiles

Wed, 11/06/2013 - 15:12

Yes it is a shame, but as you say, we might meet- they've arranged it so that I wait and travel with the main group from the airport- so may bump into you then  ! I can't find another forum for people on the" Taste of Cuba" trip but will be meeting them very soon, in any case. Jenny