Presentation Evenings Feedback

Fri, 09/23/2011 - 10:56

Hi All,

Every year we host a number of shows around the UK and would love to hear your feedback on the venue, the content of the show, and any other comments you may have!

We look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Best Regards

Anna

Sat, 01/21/2012 - 21:51

Having been pretty sure I wanted to climb Kili, I came back from this presentation in London last week wanting to do at least 2 routes up Kili, also Mt Kenya, Everest base camp and a number of other trips! I sat there watching the videos with my heart hammering throughout at the excitement of doing such treks in the future! Q&A session was also useful to speak to the presenters, although it was a little difficult to know which presenter was the best person to ask my various questions to. I could have quizzed them all night but sadly there was a big queue of people also waiting to ask questions so I had to restrict myself to my most pressing questions. Two suggestions:

(1) more local presentations around the country would be good, especially in the North (I live in Sheffield, but just happened to be in London that week for work, by a stroke of luck).

(2) It would be nice to include some socialising into the evening, perhaps by including some drinks (even just tea and coffee and biscuits) and a chance for people to talk to each other as well as to the presenters. There were clearly people there who'd already been on the trips I wanted to go on, and vice versa, and who had useful information to share generally, but it wasn't easy to chat to them. I'd happily pay a small fee for the presentation to cover the cost, if necessary.

Fri, 02/03/2012 - 20:51

I have been rather frustrated at getting emails from Exodus, inviting me to Tuesday night presentations in London, lets face it, how many people can just pop to London for an evening? So when I got the email for the Birmingham show held Tuesady 31, I jumped at it. I'm planning to do the Christmas accent of Kilimanjaro with New Year on Zanzibar, so this presentation was very informative to me. The presentation on Nepal brought back fond memories of the 9 weeks I spent out there in 1999 and the one on the Inca Trail was inspirational to both me and my friend. He hasn't travelled with Exodus yet but I get the impression he and his wife may do in the future.

Clearly someone took note of Di, as there was many bottles of wine and soft drinks put on. Could make more of an evening with a meal, chance to mingle more. A fee to cover costs or to raise funds for some of the charities Exodus work with.

Fri, 03/02/2012 - 22:29

I would agree with Stovefreek, it is nice to have seen presentations north of London - I went to the Gateshead one earlier this week and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Hearing about the trip to Antarctica was wonderful, as someday I would love to visit there.  Nepal - brought back lovely memories of my trip there in 2009.

Please continue to have presentations in the North East - it was certainly popular - the room was full!

I agree with Coley6911 I thoroughly enjoyed the presentation evening and also relived some of my holidays and acquired a taste for others.  Also met a couple of fellow travellers from a previous Exodus holiday! We often feel left out up here in the North East but despite problems with flights etc still keep coming back to Exodus! Next holiday already booked and two or three (or more) on the wish list.

Thanks Pete and Valerie for a very Inspiring evening , What a great way to spend a Cold January evening with like minded people.

What a wecome Treat to have an Exodus presentation in Dorset.

I throughly enjoyed the evening and it enabled me to gain more of an insight into Nepal and its neighbouring , mountanious regions.

It was Inspiring to hear valerie speak of her endurance /Expedition to Everest.

Thanks for a great evening, and for a decade of truly memorable / Life changing Adventures.

Exodus stands for Professionalism  and  Quality. Many Thanks.

Tue, 03/19/2013 - 12:59

Living in Reading, I'm one of the lucky ones who can 'just pop to London for the evening' to see the wonderful Exodus presentations.  Have been on three Exodus trips, the last one last year - volunteering in Zambia - was inspired by the 'volunteering' presentation, I was planning to go back to Tijzha in Morocco on the volunteer trip, but it was fully booked, so I thought "Zambia looked good, I'll go there instead", and it was a great experience.

All of the presentatons I have seen have been very informative, with great photos, wish I had lots of money to be able to do more trips!

I can understand the frustration of people living in other parts of the country at not being able to get to London, but Exodus do appear to be doing the presentations a bit more in other venues now.

Wed, 11/27/2013 - 09:19

Just wanted to thank you for arranging another fantastic presentation by Paul Goldstein.  We went last year to his presentation on Africa and whilst we haven't (yet!) done a polar journey his passion, enthusiasm and incredible photographs had us hooked from the first image.  I have to admit, I am more of a sub-sahara kind of girl but 2 hours after Paul started his talk I was wanting to book a trip to marvel at penguins, polar bears and whales.

Hoping for more talks from him soon, in the meantime we're looking forward to our Wildlife & Beaches of Southern Africa trip next year.  After that, who knows, maybe we'll be joining Paul  in colder climates.

Debbie